Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Max package Cancelled in error by Sky

This is a discussion on Max package Cancelled in error by Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I would not put too much faith in Ofcom, they are pretty useless when it comes to sorting out individual ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Max package Cancelled in error by Sky

I would not put too much faith in Ofcom, they are pretty useless when it comes to sorting out individual cases. You should send an email to the CEO of Sky explaining your position in full. I am not sure who the CEO is now as I read that Murdoch will be stepping down to oversee the foreign division of the Company. No doubt someone knows who the present incumbent is, if Murdoch has gone?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ofcom help

If you absolutely require a mac code, ring provisioning (number below) and demand that they put a supervisor on (don't let them try and help you, just say I've been advised by ofcom to speak to a manager directly) - request that they escalate for a manual mac code to be issued, which can be done. I'd also go on to point out that they are obliged to do this within 5 working days. Ensure you take the managers name, location and chordiant ID (agent ID) - ideally, you need to speak to the Portsmouth site as this is where the staff who will manually get the mac code as physically based.

Failing that, lie - tell BT you've requested a cease order more than 20 days ago and they are refusing to clear the line. Quote the above OFCOM page as required - this will clear your line though!
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Failing that, lie
      Why not? Sky do it all the time.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

fenderchamp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01225
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

SKY now tell me my cancellation is complete and ready for a new installation.

This was a bit of a surprise to me as I was surfing the net at the time. They were convinced I was having broadband provided by a mysterious other provider! Carrying out a Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test test and quoting my IP proved I am still with SKY!

Maybe getting to the route of my problem the records for my connection, BT or SKY's obviously do not relate to what actually exists.

It's not a great suprise as I had a similar issue during my provide. SKY were sure they provided my service and all was working OK even though it was not. It took weeks to sort and I fear I had a bodged provide with perhaps incorrect records kept.

The_Local_Ned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSKIY
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max @ 3.5km = 1.9mb
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Did you cancel your payment to them ?

I would think that the offer of a freebie line and perhaps unlimited (in the whole sense of the word) - downloads would be rather tempting.....

In saying that , sky has already somehow managed to cancel MY first direct debit instructions to them after receiving a phantom letter from my bank - which didn't happen in the first place.
      Gotta love that accounts dept....

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

although the system will say cancelled - unless BT have disconnected the line from the gear then you can still have a service not on record...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12