Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

CEASE day today

This is a discussion on CEASE day today within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well the time has come when my BT Tracker cease day has arrived. My provide day was 13th september. Its ...

Nutter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

CEASE day today

Well the time has come when my BT Tracker cease day has arrived.
      My provide day was 13th september. Its now 5days past that day and no SKY BB yet
      So if my CEASE goes ahead and my provide hasnt happened then Im connection less. (Except from work)
      I do hope that BT realise that they shouldnt do a CEASE before the PROVIDE has happened.
      There are 10 people who understand binary, Those that do and those that dont

2. Advertisement
      Steve is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Same here ..my cease day is the 20th September and I still have no Sky broadband..........welcome to the club!!!
      Last edited by Wheelie; 18-09-06 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User Name this helps us to keep the forum tidy and posts more compact. Thanks

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I would give SkyBB TS or provisioning a call to get them to do something about it if I was you.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Steve is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Just got off the phone with Sky......they say that most of the activations go through on the same day and that day could be your cease day...they say that your down time could be up to 2 hours.........so good luck for today..I will find out on the 20th.

Steve

sibodg Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Exclamation The same happened to me

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter View Post
      Well the time has come when my BT Tracker cease day has arrived.
      My provide day was 13th september. Its now 5days past that day and no SKY BB yet
      So if my CEASE goes ahead and my provide hasnt happened then Im connection less. (Except from work)
      I do hope that BT realise that they shouldnt do a CEASE before the PROVIDE has happened.
      Sorry to hear that! The same happened to me,
      Provision date was 7th, passed - rang BT - tuesday was the cease day (not showing up on the BT Order checker), it did cease, but no provide. BT Told me last that today is my last day for LLU Lineshare provision.

That's whatyou need to find out, when they put through the order for LLU provision....

Not smooth at all

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well I am not so sure about that but lets hope they are correct, good luck for the 20th then
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      I would give SkyBB TS or provisioning a call to get them to do something about it if I was you.
      Not much point in doing this.
      Ive called them up three times, and I get the same story "we will call you back".
      They never do

I hope the comment about when they CEASE they PROVIDE is a true one.

LuckyKnight is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      My broadband was ceased (still had to pay my ISP for the rest of the month tho) nearly two weeks ago. If my switch goes ahead as planned on Wednesday it would have been 13 days. It took about 5 days for my ISP to even register my cancellation.

I expected this however as I was on LLU already (Plusnet with Tiscalli LLU - I don't recommend them).

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just called Tech support and spoke a nice enough bloke called Paul.
      He didnt tell me anything new except BT are behind, he hopes that the CEASE wont happen before hte PROVIDE but as its not Skys problem its BT, he cant do anything except wait until wednesday 20th and call back in then. He might have some new info then, but i dont see what else they can get.
      hum ho, just gotta sit tight and hope now

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yep it would seem to be a waiting game for a lot of members at the moment but lets hope things improve as the week goes on.
      Ray

click here

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast