Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

CEASE day today

This is a discussion on CEASE day today within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just got off the the phone to Sky provisioning (1hr 28 mins on hold) They said that: i) "they are ...

leffe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Just got off the the phone to Sky provisioning (1hr 28 mins on hold)

They said that:
      i) "they are no longer allowed to escalate problems to their managers"
      ii) "all escalations must go through the system, where the back office team will investigate"
      iii) "they are no longer allowed to call customers back at this time" (so being told to expect a call back is a lie).

I asked them what they could tell me, and basically, he said that there were no error messages, no faults reported, and that there should be no reason why I am not connected. He could not give me a number to the back office team, so I just have to wait until they get round to seeing my call in their queue.
      He told me to call BT, so I lectured him about the BT Openreach/BT Wholesale relationship, and told him that calling 150 and refering to the BT order tracker, just tells you that the order was placed by a third party (Sky), and that I need to contact them.

On top of that, he said that I could get straight through to provisioning by calling 08705 515 515; option 4, 1. I told him that you get transferred to the Sky order tracking dept, as I was already given that information earlier this morning. I asked him to escalate this to his line manager, and he said that they were not allowed to escalate anything. I asked him if he could have a quiet word his his boss to let then know that their scripts have the incorrect information.

I know from previous ISP experiences that BT wholesale are not customer facing, but the problem lies there. Does anyone know any way around this?

When I moved house a few years ago, I stayed with the same ISP, kept my phone number, and was on the same exchange. Needless to say, there were problems. I got all the ususal 'call your ISP' answers, and must have been transferred to about 8 different BT departments, but somehow I managed to get transferred to an engineer, who sorted this problem out in half an hour.

Patience Leffe,........Patience.

2. Advertisement
      imski is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy

LOL I was ceased on the 18th of August 5 days before my provide date!

I have been offline since then, 33 days!

I'm now going through another Cease on the line, with the order being re-done on the 23rd!

It'll likely be over 45 days without a connection if nothing goes wrong this time.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site imski

Real sorry to see the problems you are having, lets hope they get it right this time.

Good lack mate.

@leffe
      i) "they are no longer allowed to escalate problems to their managers"
      ii) "all escalations must go through the system, where the back office team will investigate"
      iii) "they are no longer allowed to call customers back at this time" (so being told to expect a call back is a lie).
      Sorry to read that and it comes as no surprise to be honest there have been far to many posts advising people to demand to talk to managers and it was bound to causes problems, so in affect due to a lot of misinformation that is being posted around the forums on the net everyone is now going to suffer.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Nutter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just got of the phone to SKY TS
      and they now inform me that my line is being "initialised" as we speak......
      hmmmmmm

Oh yeah and if its not working by midnight tonight, then to ............. calll back tomorrow..... heard that before
      There are 10 people who understand binary, Those that do and those that dont

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Now that is a strange thing for them to say as it was around an hour for mine to get sorted after they were informed?

Good luck mate
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yup indeed,
      My broadband router is all synced up, the "i" light is on
      and I still get error 300 on the sky test.
      My phone line still works
      So I aint got a clue what is happening.........

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Calm down Shep

Give it time
      Ray

click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

lol

woof woof GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Time is money

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Please sir whats money
      Ray

click here

Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Hmm well as I expected my line was ceased and they had on record that BT would try and get it all through asap but that was a couple of days ago so I am now on dial up which is not pleasing me at all the i light is llite but nothing else happens lcp works but thats it the guy at sky was absolutely useless and my contract with Free Online which I paid for is active until 13th October which really annoys me.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast