Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

CEASE day today

This is a discussion on CEASE day today within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just called up Sky Tech Support and i got the answer................................. Sorry cant do anything, call back tomorrow. (24hrs) !!!!!...

Nutter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just called up Sky Tech Support
      and i got the answer.................................

Sorry cant do anything, call back tomorrow. (24hrs) !!!!!
      There are 10 people who understand binary, Those that do and those that dont

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry Nutter thats rubbish call them back and if they say that to you again demand to speak to a manager I am damn sure I would
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Angry Still waiting

Hi,

I signed up as part of the trial. Gave my MAC code on the 2nd. Pipex stopped my service on the 18 of august.

I still don't have a connection. My line isn't even active yet.

The worst part? I can't speak to the same person twice and even the smart ones can't help. I'm losing the will to live.

Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Atleast I'm not the only one as was meant to be activated on 25th August but due to exchange problem so date changed to the 9th then 14th still nothing and I can see a cease dated for today Sky said oh well you should be connected by the end of the week so in other words no internet for 3-5 days.

Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 14 Sep 2006
      Status In progress
      Last update 18 Sep 2006
      Latest update Your order is in progress.

Placed 06 Sep 2006
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 14 Sep 2006
      Status In progress
      Last update 18 Sep 2006
      Latest update Your order is in progress.
      Last edited by Hornet; 19-09-06 at 12:03 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Unregistered

Please do register with us we don't bite honest and it will make life a lot easier for people to follow your posts thanks.

Have you looked at the BT checker to see whats going on Order tracking: Landline orders

@Hornet

Real sorry to see this still dragging out mate lets hope things change for the better soon.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Sambo100 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      I don't know if this has been discussed already as I don't want to trawl through all these forums but many people are manually cancelling their original broadband after signing up to sky. BT are unable to migrate a service if there is an outstanding cancel service on the line, therefore the original broadband month will have to run out before they even think of connecting you to the LLU provider.

Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanks Wheelie I'm sorry about carrying on but this is getting sillier by the minute and Sky are not much help.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the Sambo100

Please do register with us we don't bite honest and it will make life a lot easier for people to follow your posts thanks.

The only services that should be cancelled are those who are already on LLU if anyone is on an ISP Stream product such as ADSL Max of one of the older 512, 1MB, 2MB services there is no need to cease all anyone needs is a MAC Key, but I do believe there have been one or two have cancelled there ADSL not realising they could get a MAC Key and if they have then yes they need to wait for the tag to be removed.
      Ray

click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @Hornet

You are not carrying on his forum is here for a reason so the members and the guest can see for themselves just what happens and if possible what can be done to fix things or at least understand whats happening, so carry on as you put it as much as you like.

As for SkyBB are not much help I think you will find until BT so the required work there is little they can do and since BT don't seem to be able to cope with the workload and even when they do the work in the exchanges it seems they do mess it up on the odd occasion, I was rather hoping SkyBB and BT would have finally got this sorted out but it would seem thats not the case
      Ray

click here

Nutter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ive just checked on samknows.com and have seen this.......
      Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.
      However, your line is currently unbundled by an LLU operator such as Be, Bulldog or Easynet. Moving to another provider may require a cease and re-provide, which may result in loss of service for a few days.

I guess that means Ive just been hooked up to the LLU....
      my bt Tracker says that the page is not available......

Fingers crossed that something is actually happening on my phone line now.
      Will keep you all posted as to my progress
      There are 10 people who understand binary, Those that do and those that dont

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast