Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

CEASE day today

This is a discussion on CEASE day today within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well CEASE day was now yesterday. And my greatest fears have been releasised !!!! "Give us a MAC code and ...

Nutter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

CEASE but no PROVIDE

Well CEASE day was now yesterday. And my greatest fears have been releasised !!!!
      "Give us a MAC code and your downtime will be 2 hours" yeah right......
      11 hours and counting now...
      Yup you guessed it a CEASE but no PROVIDE

Placed 05 Sep 2006

Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 18 Sep 2006
      Status Order completed
      Last update 18 Sep 2006
      Latest update Your order has been completed.
      Items in this order
      Description Item Quantity Cost Rental
      CEASE BT IPSTREAM MAX

laced 05 Sep 2006
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 13 Sep 2006
      Status In progress
      Last update 18 Sep 2006
      Latest update Your order is in progress.
      Items in this order
      Description Item Quantity Cost Rental
      PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 0.0

My router now gives me "Error: 300"
      There are 10 people who understand binary, Those that do and those that dont

2. Advertisement
      Ex Bt loves Sky BB CS is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Guys can i just let you know that once your green internet light is on its down to sky to activate/uncap you.

i had the waiting time to be activated and further time waiting for sky. During both times i had both blaming each other which only confuses the customer. Once you have a green light, its in your interest to be talking to tier 3/ operations managers and front line cannot do a great deal for you and certainly not activate you or uncap you if you have dialup speeds on broadband..

Good luck all.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yup im waiting for the green light and dont have it.
      At the moment my old ISP DSL has been CEASED
      and im not switch over to the LLU yet.
      Which green light are referering to ?? The tick ?? I have no green tick on my router.
      At the moment Im left in limbo,

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      you are looking for the (i) to be lit. Once that comes on then you should have a connection,run the sky cd. Then try and browse. IF you have dial up speeds 100kbps etc then you need tier 3 to un cap you.

Then return here and theres lots of tweaks with router etc and tcp optimiser that should get you optimised for your line.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry to hear that nutter

As for the green light its not the tick its the internet light to the right of the wireless one its should flash orange and turn green when you connection goes live.

Once that happens phone SkyBB TS or Provisioning and tell them you have now been activated at the exchange and they then sort it out form there end, I think I waited about an hour from mine to go live.

Good luck mate
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

tuffjam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: High Wycombe
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Ex Bt loves Sky BB CS View Post
      Guys can i just let you know that once your green internet light is on its down to sky to activate/uncap you.

i had the waiting time to be activated and further time waiting for sky. During both times i had both blaming each other which only confuses the customer. Once you have a green light, its in your interest to be talking to tier 3/ operations managers and front line cannot do a great deal for you and certainly not activate you or uncap you if you have dialup speeds on broadband..

Good luck all.
      So can I check this: I was CEASED last Tuesday so have been without any internet connection at home. Ever since, the Sky router is showing as having a valid adsl connection (d/u 576/286 or something like that) but I'm getting the CHAPS authentication error. I was previously with AOL on a 1mb connection and have now gone past my 3rd activation date on Sunday. Should I be talking to Tier 3? It's clear that the front line people have no idea but I think I've been patient enough....

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi mate, as far as im aware , if your internet light is on then its tier 3 who can sort it. Have you been in contact with tier 3 SINCE your (i) light came on?

Im not aware of the chaps error, i would hope it doesnt mean its your old internet connection still active.

Sky front line apart from a few techies are not the greatest help for anything other than, please swap your microfilters!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have an ADSL connection of 3456Kbs up and 468kbs down,
      I have the green light on that you say, so there is DSL on my line
      but i dont see how I can be on sky as I havnt moved to there LLU kit yet,
      according to the tracker,
      All I know now (Im at work atm) is that with current ISP i can no longer log in i.e Im CEASED, but im not PROVIDEd yet
      Last edited by Nutter; 19-09-06 at 10:10 AM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Bt loves Sky BB CS View Post
      you are looking for the (i) to be lit. Once that comes on then you should have a connection,run the sky cd. Then try and browse. IF you have dial up speeds 100kbps etc then you need tier 3 to un cap you.

Then return here and theres lots of tweaks with router etc and tcp optimiser that should get you optimised for your line.
      Im not running the CD,
      i) dont need to use the CD.
      ii) I run linux boxes at home, and not Windows. (I know its not as per T&Cs, but that shouldnt matter)

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @tuffjam

If you are getting an authentication error with your Sky router then you are probably still connected to your old ISP and as there is no way to change your username and password.

Though there have been people on here that have said they have been connected to SkyBB and still had a live connection to there old ISP so I would call SkyBB TS and ask them to look into it.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast