Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

CEASE day today

This is a discussion on CEASE day today within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Im not intending to cancel as saving 17/mnth over my previous ISP for the sky service is what i want. ...

Nutter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Im not intending to cancel
      as saving 17/mnth over my previous ISP for the sky service is what i want.
      I am frustrated about the lack of communication from sky, but as with any new venture there are teething troubles.
      I reckon that once they get it sorted it will be a great service and value for money.
      However it could be a great service now(even without being provisioned) if the Sky CS, replied to my email, and told me the truth.

the truth is sometimes easier to handle than a pack of Blue Sky
      Last edited by Wheelie; 02-10-06 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Even the *** dont hide it.
      There are 10 people who understand binary, Those that do and those that dont

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yep I agree and I hope they get there communication problems with there customers sorted out much sooner than as it seems to be getting worse going by the posts of late.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

PeteBest is offline Sky User Member
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Spoke to Sky again and asked to speak to provisioning, sadly for some reason that department do not take calls. So the guy said he had to email my details to provisioning, who'd liase and check it out with BT. Then someone else would come back to me and tell me what's going on. Makes it a lot more complicated than it could be, and judging by the stats on that poll I might be lucky to get a call back

Has anyone spoken to OFCOM about the situation with Basingstoke exchange and the general lack of information we're getting from both BT and Sky?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry to read that Pete

You can speak to the provisioning department but thats just the front office and they can get information from the back room easier, I think there is still a number in the Sky Customer Resources forum.

As for Ofcom all they will say is its a BT fault and its been reported as such there is nothing they can do nor can any ISP until BT sort it out.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

PeteBest is offline Sky User Member
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ray: Thanks for that. By the sound of the hold music, that's just a direct number to the order status people that I got through to via the 0800 number. Don't want to hassle them again less than 1 hour after I last spoke to them

The main reason for the OFCOM report is becuase if BT know they've got a problem then they should stop doing disconnections and let Sky know why those orders aren't being fufilled and supply a new target date (one they might actually try to stick to!!)

Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      you can insist like I did on the 0800 number to be put through to provisioning, be prepared to wait anything up 45 minutes to get through but the upside is it's free

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @Pete

What Hornet suggests is a good idea as well and as for the music they use the same for all there numbers that I has heard anyway.

As for Ofcom forcing BT to do anything, by the time that ever happens hell would have frozen over. Its not the first time BT have done things like this to ISP's and it sure won't be the last, hell BT don't even keep there own phone customers updated with anything so why should they be any different with an ISP.
      Ray

click here

sao
      sao is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke (THBZ)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs up New Activation Date

I managed to get through on the 0800 number after 45 mins and although it wasn't really what I wanted to hear, it was nice to get a straight response - a new activation date - and the same one from more than one person as when I called Customer Services to lodge a complaint they repeated the new activation date as provided by BT.

Keeping in mind my original Activation date was supposed to be 20th Sept. I have now been assured that I will now be activated for Sky Broadband by 18th October.

I resorted to using 'emergency dial-up' yesterday - don't know how I ever managed without Broadband!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well lets hope this date is set in concrete and it happens then as for dial-up yep is a real shock to the system isn't it
      Ray

click here

ChrisE is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi

I am due to be connected today but have low expectation given earlier posts. I suspect the problem at Basingstoke may be related to asbestos in the building.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to change a cease date and if so how?

Regards
      Chris

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast