Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

strange thing happend

This is a discussion on strange thing happend within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; been downloading using azureus suddenly my connection cut off anyway it reconnected i just happend to do a nat test ...

uk-guy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: cambuslang 0141
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

strange thing happend

been downloading using azureus suddenly my connection cut off anyway it reconnected i just happend to do a nat test and results show that possibly my port has been blocked can sky tell when u are using torrent clients and block your port cus it was open yesterday iam sure. would like some feed back on this or others opinion how do i go about unblocking the port iam using the new sagem router?

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: strange thing happend

I've got Azureus saturating my downstream just fine, downloading a couple of Linux distros. No sign of port blocking or any kind of traffic management. If there is any traffic management going on, it must be being done with quite a "light touch".

There have always been some people reporting torrent problems and in the past they've turned out to be down to "user error". But there seems to be a spate of issues just recently - I'm starting to wonder if there is a bug in the Sagem router.

As to your question of what you can do about the problem, obviously there's no way you switch off any traffic management that Sky implement, you just have to find a way around it. That boils down to changing ports and/or using encrypted torrents.