Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Having a nightmare getting connected!

This is a discussion on Having a nightmare getting connected! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi All I recently ordered sky mid broadband, with my activation date being 16th Jan. Since then, I have not ...

floydiohead is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bayswater
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Having a nightmare getting connected!

Hi All

I recently ordered sky mid broadband, with my activation date being 16th Jan.

Since then, I have not been able to receive a connection, and this is even after waiting the three days after the activation date as sky recommend.

Whatever I try, I cannot get the router to sync with the line. All of the physical setup is definitely correct, and I am currently in touch with Tier 3 customer service. They tried a few things on the line last night and still couldn't get it working. I think I have ruled out a faulty router too, because when I try my old BT router on there, even though that obviously wont work with the net as the user/pass is wrong, it wont sync either.

The problem is, that according to sky, everything on the line is fine - the BT tag has completely been removed, and sky is on there. I phoned BT who confirmed this. Sky have done all of the tests at the exchange etc and they say it is all fine. I am positive however that it is a problem with the line. I had BT broadband for a year without any problem at all, so I don't see how there can be a problem now, but there is! Can anyone shed any light?

2. Advertisement
      Smiler is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Having a nightmare getting connected!

Quote Originally Posted by floydiohead View Post
      Hi All

I recently ordered sky mid broadband, with my activation date being 16th Jan.

Since then, I have not been able to receive a connection, and this is even after waiting the three days after the activation date as sky recommend.

Whatever I try, I cannot get the router to sync with the line. All of the physical setup is definitely correct, and I am currently in touch with Tier 3 customer service. They tried a few things on the line last night and still couldn't get it working. I think I have ruled out a faulty router too, because when I try my old BT router on there, even though that obviously wont work with the net as the user/pass is wrong, it wont sync either.

The problem is, that according to sky, everything on the line is fine - the BT tag has completely been removed, and sky is on there. I phoned BT who confirmed this. Sky have done all of the tests at the exchange etc and they say it is all fine. I am positive however that it is a problem with the line. I had BT broadband for a year without any problem at all, so I don't see how there can be a problem now, but there is! Can anyone shed any light?
      deja vu

this is me completely

floydiohead is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bayswater
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

so have you had any luck? What have they said to you?

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

You would have been unplugged from one set of exchange equipment and connected to a different set for the Sky connection. This is done by BT openworld in the exchange and if they make a mistake then all h*ll can break loose.