Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Capped by technician...

This is a discussion on Capped by technician... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After countless phonecalls with "technicians" at sky tryin to get this router freeze problem solved.. one of them decided to ...

Spawn_Xe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down Capped by technician...

After countless phonecalls with "technicians" at sky tryin to get this router freeze problem solved.. one of them decided to cap my line at 6mb (im on MAX). The problem has since been resolved (unsure if its coz i've disabled UpNp and taken wireless off auto tho!) but... am i the only one who gets [removed] agitated at the [removed] level of the tier one guys? i cant seem to get to anybody with the necessary powers to lift the cap without having a script reader fumbling through the same bunch of questions each time.

Is it possible to get through to the next tier without encountering these [removed]?
      Last edited by Saturday; 19-01-08 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Removed swearing and insults

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Capped by technician...

Please moderate your language and cut the insults
      Last edited by Saturday; 19-01-08 at 11:43 AM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

The problem has since been resolved
      How do you know this? The fact that you are getting 6Mb on Max may just mean that your line is incapable of carrying more. Max is up to 16Mb, many do not get anywhere near that. Capping is the only way Sky staff have of resolving line problems. Maybe if you post your stats, detailed if you have a Version 1 router, someone will be able to tell you what you can reasonably expect.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Spawn_Xe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sorry saturday.. just slightly frustrated with sky's so called 'support'

why am i getting questions to my question? you guys work for sky or what? .. coz they are the same. Won't answer what you ask them, just throw useless irrelevant questions at ya.

anyway not that ithis is at all relevant to the query i originally asked.................................................. ... but i know its been capped coz the guy told me he was doing it, where as before i was connecting at higher rate. And the exchange is half a mile from my apartment so i know it can go faster.

gogetadanson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rossendale LYCROS
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Im on the max package as well (see my other posts). Had same problems from sky reading from script my more recent development would be that sky have capped me again was getting 1856 kbps, and 756 upstream last day or so wont sync beyond 1664 kbps and 512 upstream, ive emailed them telling to uncap it which i've done before, but Dont ring them E-mail them save yourself money.

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

spawn, you need to post your router stats.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Is it possible to get through to the next tier without encountering these
      If you don't want any other help the answer your question is NO, unless you use email as already suggested.

If your attitude on the phone is the same as in your posts I am not surprised that you are having difficulties.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

celad2001 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01395
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hmmm ime in the same position..i had intermittent connection problems ..after enduring the first muppet i was transferred to next (technical) muppet who capped the speed down from 5meg to 3070, next day still the same so i phoned up again... this time muppet 3 insisted in talking me throu all sorts of nonsense including editing my laptop operating system settings tyhrough a command prompt...... to cure an intermittent line syncing problem.....!!! eventually i bottled out after i couldnt contact the router anymore ... i eventually fixed the problem with the intermittent line connection problem with a router hard reset but am now stuck with a 2.5meg connection speed ..looks like they even reduced the 3072 speed cap down to the 2528 i currently have..
      my attenuation is 54db and noise margin is 19.7db which should give me at least a 4meg connection.
      looks like its sky,s way of punishing complainers..
      i take it there are 2 types of muppets at sky are there ..indians and irish.?? ive had both :-)

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

^^without seeing your router stats i would not be able to talk about you conection, as to sky, if you phone them up about intermitant disconections they will have been able to look at the line errors being generated and if too high the only way they can combat this is to cap your speed. it is more likely a problem with your interal home wiring, have a read of the cabling and faceplate forum also see the link in my sig about testing your master socket

Edit: after reading your post again disregard all above as its supposed to help, your comments about the sky staff seem rude to me, the so called "Muppets" were only trying to help with your problem. i do think T1 can be a pain sometimes but they have to follow there procedure
      Last edited by richone54; 19-01-08 at 02:25 PM.

celad2001 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01395
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks for your thoughts..
      its plugged directly into master socket
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 2528 kbps 320 kbps
      Line Attenuation 54.0 db 31.5 db
      Noise Margin 19.1 db 14.0 db
      if theres a sudden problem after months of 5meg connection why is the answer to cap the speed and not sort the problem...... i dont want a 2.5meg connection when ive had a 5meg one for months thats the issue that sky arent adressing..
      thanks again for your interest folks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast