Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem Router and SIP

This is a discussion on Sagem Router and SIP within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; First off what a great site, hope it helps in my problem..... Today is my first day as a Sky ...

NathanA is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Crowborough
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sagem Router and SIP

First off what a great site, hope it helps in my problem.....

Today is my first day as a Sky BB user, and I must say it is a good service. I have been given by Sky a Sagem F@ST2504 but I am a little narked I cannot use my own device....

All is well, I can VPN and port re-direction works, but I run a SIP gateway on the inside of the network this is where the fun starts.....

Firstly my SIP solution (linksys 3102) has worked for years on BT Broadband with not a problem and nothing has changed today apart from the seamless switch to SKY.

My SIP device registers successfully with my provider but when I send out SIP packets the Sagem hangs, any pings from a PC stop until I put the receiver down and then they resume. After a while the DSL line goes down and I have to power down the Sagem to get the DSL line back up. I have tried resetting to factory defaults, I have nothing on the inside of the network other than the SIP device, I have even tried disabling the SIPPROXD service which is enabled in the config as default. I have tried using direct SIP and with a STUN service (both of which worked with my BT BB and D-Link router, 5 years old but has a SIP ALG) but still no luck and the Sagem crashes everytime.

I think the Sagem either has a fault or is not up to the job, anyone out there got SIP working through the new Sagem???????

2. Advertisement
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sagem Router and SIP

OK thinsg are making sense now..... I have cordless phones and when I take them off hook it knocks out the router, tried disbaling wirelss onthe Sagem same thing.

Either a duff router (old one was OK with Cordless Phone) or just not as good as theD-Link. anyone else seen issues with Sagem and Cordless phones?

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Think you may need to check your filter placement and condition if taking the phone off the hook drops the router connection. Can you clarify what is happening to the router when your take the cordless phone off hook? Do any lights go out?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

To confirm I do not even have the cordless phone plugged into the phone line, I run a continuous ping from a PC to a well know site and when I lft the receiver BANG it goes straight away.

I do have a filter on but stripped down I have the following (these are not connected):

BT Line ---- filter -----Sagem----PC

Linksys 3102 -----Cordless Phone

Phoned SKY today they told me to plug the Sagem into the master socket, will do this but don't think it will change anything (also changed the Linksys BOX....

Looks to me like the Sagem is prone to RF interferance...., will update later Thanks Nathan

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Where is the linksys plugged in? How many sockets are in use and are there filters on sockets that have equipment attached?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I don't know anything about the linksys 3102, but would the fact that it's default LAN address(192.168.0.1) is the same as the router have anything to do with your problem?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I now have everything working and I am a real happy bunny...... i.e. SIP gateway works as it should with default settings.

The problem turned out to be the phone cable from the linksys to the base station of the cordless phone. It must of being causing too much RFI knocking out the Sagem (maybe it was one with tip and ring switched - who knows). It just happened that I was using 100% of the cabling I had with BT and that worked fine. All I did was unplug all of the Ethernet cables and the RJ11 BB cable and plug them into my Sagem, the IP addresses didn't change either so it should have been an easy switch.... I can only conclude that the Sagem is less tolerent to RFI than the BT and D-Link equipment I have but I am sure the Sagem complies with all the regulatory RF standards, I just happend to be generating too much of it.....

Very impressed with SKY and their staff!