Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New Sagem Router anyone - I have 4!

This is a discussion on New Sagem Router anyone - I have 4! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello again, You may have read my post of a few days ago describing the problems we have been having ...

master_socket is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sale
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question New Sagem Router anyone - I have 4!

Hello again,
      You may have read my post of a few days ago describing the problems we have been having with our connection? Well, to cut a long story short, despite my protests that my trusty router was not at fault (I believe that whatever the first BT engineer did has somehow reduced our connection speed as Sky are certain we are not capped), they said they would send one to try anyway. This was about a week before Christmas. We then got phone calls every other day asking if it had arrived. Unsurprisingly in the run up to Christmas, the answer was no.
      Anyway, after we returned from the Christmas break we found that one had been slung over our gate by Parcelforce (I'm sorry, I'm sure it was placed carefully) a few days earlier - fortunately well wrapped up.
      Surprise surprise, it didn't fix the problem - still slow connection speeds. However, I was surprised that a few days later, another router appeared. We've now had one a week since the start of the year. I've not even bothered opening the last two, but I assume they'll be the same Sagem one!
      Is this a way of Sky compensating its loyal bb customers for repeating the same conversation over and over to their techical support??
      Has anyone else had this? Judging by eBay, the Netgear ones seem to go for about 20 - this was recommended by the Parcelforce driver!!
      How long do we have to wait before we can sell them??

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: New Sagem Router anyone - I have 4!

Well I would keep at least one as a spare, Sky dont seem particulary quick at sorting problems out, so if yours packs up at least you have a spare or 4
      They sent me a second router over a year ago when I had some problems, it didn't fix the problem, they never asked for it so I just kept it as a spare.

master_socket is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sale
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well I've hooked up the first one now anyway - it seems a shame to unplug it now - especially if it is better than the V1 routers!

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      Well I would keep at least one as a spare, Sky dont seem particulary quick at sorting problems out, so if yours packs up at least you have a spare or 4
      They sent me a second router over a year ago when I had some problems, it didn't fix the problem, they never asked for it so I just kept it as a spare.

me too ! and considering the recent posts about not being able to get one from sky if your 12 months is up its as well we did

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

if they're sagem's tho then they'd be useless for anyone on another ISP and selling them to a Sky customer is gonna lead to issues with a router running on someone else's account turning up somwhere else in the country...if that router then goes wrong and a replacement is ordered it won t go through as the router is already registered to you...

why not actually send them back?...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket