Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Port Forwarding

This is a discussion on Port Forwarding within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I just signed up to Sky Broadband from Virgin and need some help in port forwarding. I am no ...

chesterman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question Port Forwarding

Hi, I just signed up to Sky Broadband from Virgin and need some help in port forwarding. I am no techie but with my old setup which incorporated a modem only from Virgin and my own Linksys router I had no problem in configuring external access to an ip security camera. All I had to do in the port forwarding section of the router, was specify the device ip address (which was static, outside the router DHCP limits) 192.168.xxx.xxx and the port number assigned to the device which had to be higher than 1024.

As with Virgin I use Dyn.Dns services to track the ever changing dynamic ip allocated by sky. From the outside world all I needed to do was type my Dns "name":"port #" to get straight through to the device login dialog.

With the SAGEM router provided by sky I am struggling to find the places to enter the information to allow port forwarding. I have tried following some of the helpful advice in the forum but without success. Any guidance would be appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Port Forwarding

Hi, i thibk that this may be of some help to you.

How to set up port forwarding to an internal server of any type

chesterman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Port Forwarding

Hi, thanks for the link. Followed the instructions as best i could but without success. I am not trying to connect to my pc with remote desktop. I have an ip camera that only need a connection to the router. It is assigned a fixed ip address and a port number. I just want to get through the router to that specific ip and port number. Any more suggestions appreciated