Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

cancelling Sky

This is a discussion on cancelling Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm paying 17pm for SkyTV 2mix and 10pm for Sky Broadband Max. I'm finding that I hardly watch the TV ...

snowy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Slowly Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

cancelling Sky

I'm paying 17pm for SkyTV 2mix and 10pm for Sky Broadband Max. I'm finding that I hardly watch the TV anymore and want to cancel the TV package.

However, this would lead to an increase of the Sky Broadband cost to 17pm I think. I've looked around and O2 do Broadband for 7.50pm for existing O2 customers which would be fine as I have and o2 mobile.

I've only been able to connect to sky at 4MB and after repeated atempts to improve this Sky gave me a credit of 60 to in effect change me to the Mid package without actually doing so.

My TV contract is well over 12 months and the Broadband will be 12 months is March. How do I go about changing to O2 broadband. Do I give notice to Sky to cancel both services and then sigh up to O2? How are Sky when you cancel do they harass you to stay? Are then any other issues to be aware of?

Oh one more question, when is the earliest I can request a MAC code without being charged extra?
      Last edited by snowy; 14-01-08 at 03:37 PM.

2. Advertisement
      vRS
      vRS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: cancelling Sky

You will have to wait till March until you can completely cancel your sky tv package. Rather than cancelling the Sky Broadband in March you should phone them and ask them for a MAC code so you can switch to O2. Then all you need to do is to sign up to O2 let them know that you are switching from Sky and give them that code. Usually it takes upto 15 days for your broadband to change over to O2.
      I dont think they will force you to stay. Depending who you speak to, you might get a good offer, but these days they normally dont have any.

snowy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Slowly Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the info. Can I give my 1 months broadband notice after the 11th month and request my MAC code at the same time? I'm wondering if they will then charge me a cancellation fee if the migration goes through part way through the month at 11.5 months and before the full 12 months is up?
      Last edited by snowy; 14-01-08 at 04:07 PM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I doubt if there would be any cancellation fee, you would simply pay until the end of the 12 month period. If you gave notice that you wished to discontinue the TV at the end of 12 months, this would automatically cease your Broadband. Request your MAC 30 days before your contract expires, but note that this does not constitute notice that you are leaving, this must be given separately.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.