Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection dropping

This is a discussion on Connection dropping within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; The first month using Sky Broadband has been amazing, no problems, quite fast... everything was allright! One fine day I ...

satkid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connection dropping

The first month using Sky Broadband has been amazing, no problems, quite fast... everything was allright!

One fine day I had no phone line, and from that day the line is quite noisy and the connection is sensibly slower and it is usually dropping and not working sometimes for more than 1 hour (sometimes rebooting the router makes it work, sometimes it doesn't)

I have already tried connecting to the test socket but nothing changes and I've called BT twice but they always say that my line is ok!

what can I do?

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Connection dropping

If you have tried a wired phone in the test socket and are still getting noise then you will need to call BT and just demand an engineer, they will warn you that an engineer call out fee will be due if the fault is with your equipment but if you plug into the test socket and the noise is there then the fault is there side of the network.
      Please do try to test with a wired phone though as wireless phones can pick up outside interference. If you plug a corded phone into the test socket and no noise is heard then it's not a BT issue.
      They can test the line all they like but unless they fix the noise your ADSL will be pants.