Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Broadband Max line keeps dropping out

This is a discussion on Broadband Max line keeps dropping out within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sorry Paul although Jessie-Lou is such a nice name! Not very macho though! The BT line (now TalkTalk) does not ...

scarbo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Harrow
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Broadband Max line keeps dropping out

Sorry Paul although Jessie-Lou is such a nice name! Not very macho though!

The BT line (now TalkTalk) does not have a split feed. It is the only box in the house. Connecting to the line channel of the microfilter is also the connection to Sky+ and our wireless phones (these worked ok with other provider so why should there be any interference now?). I have connected a standard phone this morning but I'm pretty sure I have checked this out before and it makes no difference at all. Even with nothing connected in to the line part of the microfilter the adsl still drops.

The replacement router from sky has not made the slightest bit of difference.

Happy days!

Paul

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

So only socket in the house? Is there a test socket on the faceplate? (If there is a physical split in the plate running left to right just above the fixing screws you have a test socket)
      I take it the first thing on the socket is the ADSL filter and into that you have the modem on the adsl side and sky tv box splitter on the telephone side? If that is how it is then all is correct.
      One thing to try is remove everything from the socket, try a new adsl filter and only plug the modem in to see if the same thing happens.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Paul,

There is a test socket and I have tried this but the line continues to drop out. I've also changed the microfilter and monitored the line with only the adsl plugged in. Same as!!

I have just spoken to Sky (1st line support) this evening and they inform me that the exchange has been undergoing some maintenance work to correct the problem. They've told me this before though and it has made little difference. They can't give me a date when the exchange work will be complete. I've agreed to monitor over the next 24 hours and call again but I feel I am just being fobbed off. What is weird is the line went down this evening for 15 minutes at one point according to the monitoring software which is the longest it has ever been out. It normally resurrects within 30-60 seconds.

Any other thoughts Paul? How can I get Sky to take the issue seriously???

eyemdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMMNSFI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

There are problems at the Harrow exchange as you can see from the second entry here on the Easynet status pages.

Looks like they have been ongoing since Friday last week.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Easynet fault shown as cleared 15/1. My line is still dropping out. I am attempting to speak to Sky 2nd line support again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12