Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Account Problems - MAC Address not captured

This is a discussion on Account Problems - MAC Address not captured within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have been on Sky BB since 26/6/07 - and it has been very good for 6 months. However, on ...

Steerpike is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Southampton
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Account Problems - MAC Address not captured

I have been on Sky BB since 26/6/07 - and it has been very good for 6 months. However, on 26/12/07 I lost connection. I have been through all the usual debug routines (six times) with tier 1 tech support (first time on 27/12/07). Each call ends with the following exchange:
      "I am sorry I cannot capture your MAC address, I will flag it for my supervisor to raise it with the relevant deptartment. We will call you back in 24-48 hours"
      But nothing changes. It seems that because there is a database fault on my account details they cannot raise a ticket to do anything about fixing the fault. I could be stuck in this loop forever.

Anyone know how to force some progress on this type of problem.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Account Problems - MAC Address not captured

Ring up the cancellations line and tell them that due to the issue that is not being resolved on your account you currently have no connection and no way of getting the conenction fixed. Quite often that forces the issue, if it's a MAC number issue then it should have been sorted by now unless someone has made a mistake.
      Until the MAC number is against your portfolio a ticket cannot be raised as it is raised againt the router entry.

Steerpike is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Southampton
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Re: Account Problems - MAC Address not captured

Thanks for the suggestion. I have only been with SkyBB for six months so won't I have to pay a load of charges to cancel the BB subscription? If that is true and they know it then I wont have much leverage?

Today I emailed support asking for resolution in 24hours and to be given details of how to start a formal complaint. However, if that does not produce results I'll take up your suggestion next!