Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Broadband Help!

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Help! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I have ordered sky broadband on the 21st Dec and recieved my router before xmas with a letter to ...

daviesj4 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Broadband Help!

Hi,

I have ordered sky broadband on the 21st Dec and recieved my router before xmas with a letter to follow that my activation date is 3rd jan.

Well yesterday i spent most of the day waiting for the internet light to come on - it never did! I rang Provisioing this morning who have advised me that there is a delay on the order and order management will be in contact with you!!!! they don't have an incoming line to contact them on!?

Does anyone know how to get in contact with order management as i do a lot of work from home and really need this sorting asap?!

Thanks in advance

Justin

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Help!

You shouldn't use that argument with them as the BB service is residential use only. Order status is your only contact point unfortunately, you need to get them to find out what is happening, it could be a delay on BTs side (they go into the exchange) or there may be a problem.

HSNetwork is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLRF
      Broadband ISP: Max going to O2 Pro
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daviesj4 View Post
      Hi,

I have ordered sky broadband on the 21st Dec and recieved my router before xmas with a letter to follow that my activation date is 3rd jan.

Well yesterday i spent most of the day waiting for the internet light to come on - it never did! I rang Provisioing this morning who have advised me that there is a delay on the order and order management will be in contact with you!!!! they don't have an incoming line to contact them on!?

Does anyone know how to get in contact with order management as i do a lot of work from home and really need this sorting asap?!

Thanks in advance

Justin
      Justin,

It is also worth noting that ont he letter your received giving you your activation date it will mention that you should alsoallow a further 3 days for activation to take place due to busy times.

If you mention work or business as your use for the net then they are within their rights to refuse you a service as it is a purely residential only service.
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

A Word of advice :-
      "Dont ever p*** of your Network/System/Server Admin. Any responsible IT Admin will know more about you than you know about yourself, just ask those that have wronged me.

How to set up Wireless on your Ipod Touch / IPhone (PDF including pictures)
      How to set up Sky Emails on your Ipod Touch / Iphone (PDF including pictures)

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Order Management are an outbound only team (based in the same building as OMT) who will contact you with an update when they have one. Usually they won't chase up problems with BT until after the 3 working days (takes us to 9th Jan).
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3

lynnie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 020894
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Re: Sky Broadband Help!

Same problem with my account. We ordered it on 8 January 2008, it was to be activated on 18 January 2008, but we are still offline apparently due to a 'BT fault at the exchange' which BT say is nonsense & our line is fine to receive BB.

Sky just don't want to hear about it. We have been told to wait a further 10 days & i am sure after that we will be told to wait another 10 days. I tried to cancel as the line is not active as yet. They told me the tags are now on our line & that we have to wait for the line to go active before we can cancel. It will then take another 10 days after cancellation to clear the line!!!

I feel so hopelessly lost and dissappointed. I've never (even as an IT Manager) had to deal with a company who gives the customer no feedback, no reassurance and absolutely do not care. The customer purely has to wait until they get their butts into gear and finally get the line activated.

What recourse do you have with these people? There seems to be no way to get the problem escalated either. I'm so sorry I switched from Tiscali/Homechoice.

Sky_Employee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If it has been escalated to Order Management team they will phone you back after speaking to BT or investigating issue - this gets dealt with "in due course" - no operator will be able to speed the process up - we have no contact with Order Management outselfs... your details are placed on Paper Work and emailed to Order Management on a nightly basis ( added to a spreadsheet) - Order management do not work weekends so dont expect a call at this time.
      Last edited by Sky_Employee; 05-05-08 at 02:46 AM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Order management do not work weekends so dont expect a call at this time.
      As the post is nearly 3 months old, I doubt if they will ever get a call if they have not had it by now.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.