Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

About to move home, advice needed.

This is a discussion on About to move home, advice needed. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi to all, after finally getting my bb sorted and working smooth and fast, it's time to move . I've ...

jmcmuk75 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEFN - 1Km - Att 32
      Broadband ISP: Tiscali suck
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

About to move home, advice needed.

Hi to all, after finally getting my bb sorted and working smooth and fast, it's time to move . I've read many horror stories on this site, s I thought I'd get some advice how I should go about telling Sky I'm moving.
      I phoned BT yesterday to tell them im on the move and got a new phone number, but I'm holding off contacting Sky in fear of a huge balls up. Any advice would be great, plus what number do I contact Sky on to do this ?

Thanks in advance. James

PS. My phone is getting connected at my new address on Saturday, and I'm moving in on Monday. How long am I likely to go without my bb if all goes well ?
      Last edited by jmcmuk75; 03-01-08 at 06:20 PM. Reason: added info/question

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: About to move home, advice needed.

once the line is active, it should go through with no issues - just call the broadband moving home team, not just normal moving home team, as they don't seem to talk to each other!!!

so long as the new line is active it should go through ok but it'll be like a new order so best part of 2 weeks without BB
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

They'll have to cease the broadband at your current address which can take up to 10 days. Once thats done, they'll have to reorder the broadband at your new address which can take up to 8 working days.

You'll have to speak to moving homes who will be able to move the TV over as well. They may well tell you that the broadband will be switched on at the new address within 5 days. This is not true, you must ring back once the cease is complete.

To get a date for the cease completing, you'll need to ring provisioning (number below) the day after you speak to moving homes and ask for the date the cease is due to complete. If you call back AFTER this date to provisioning, they'll be able to get the broadband setup again at your new address, providing the line has been active for at least 5 working days.
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks guys, but I still get the feeling I'll be pulling my hair out before all is done and dusted. Ahh the joys of Sky bb.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Spoke to a Scottish woman at Sky last night who placed a cancel on my current bb, she told me to phone back in a week to re-order, so all seems to have gone well. I'll be offline tomorrow so could anybody advise me who still does dial-up without a contract now. You used to be able to get it through BT for 1p per minute, off peak but I don't know if they still do it.
      Thanks in advance.