Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Early connection? Impatient! :)

This is a discussion on Early connection? Impatient! :) within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys, Just a quick one for you. Placed on a order for Sky Broadband on 18th December and was ...

ChrisH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Early connection? Impatient! :)

Hi guys,

Just a quick one for you. Placed on a order for Sky Broadband on 18th December and was advised that I'd be connected by January 3rd (later confirmed by letter).

The line was clear prior to ordering the broadband and therefore there's no migration progress, just up to BT/Sky to LLU the line.

Now, unfortunately the BT order tracker won't work on my line (just get told to call an 0800 number), but if I put my phone number into the Samknows checker, I get this message:

Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.
      However, there is another service on your phone line (e.g. ADSL, LLU, DACS, etc) that would prevent you from ordering a new ADSL connection.

We definitely haven't got DACS on the line (previous BB had been disconnected about a week beforehand). I also checked on the adsl24.co.uk checker, which advises that:

"Your line is currently on an LLU broadband service. This means migrating away from your ISP will incur a 40+vat migration fee."

Previous ISP was BT BB, so not LLU.

Now the impatient part of me is thinking that if these markers are now on the line, surely the line has been LLUd and I should be getting a sync on the modem? Or do BT carry out the LLU work and Sky take a while to 'switch on' the broadband connection?

Hope you can help.

Thanks
      Chris

2. Advertisement
      kpax88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Early connection? Impatient! :)

You might well do but it might drop, slow connection or no connection at all!!

You could just plug the router into the socket and wait for the internet light to go on, u cant get very far without it lol... :L

Or u can just be patient like we all once were

ChrisH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well that's it! Router's plugged in but no sync...just thought it was a little strange when everything else was pointing positively at DSL being present on the line.

Thanks
      Chris

gill07 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Alsager
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I'd just be patient, there's only a few days to wait, and if you do there is no reason why there would be any problems. If your trying to connect now both of the ISP's would think your currently getting free connection which could incur all sorts of problems, so just wait till the 3rd pal