Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Noise Margin plummets in the evening

This is a discussion on Noise Margin plummets in the evening within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I think the cable network maybe relatively better off in terms of the environmental effects since the cable used is ...

robinhood is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Noise Margin plummets in the evening

I think the cable network maybe relatively better off in terms of the environmental effects since the cable used is shielded. This is only a theory from the deployment point of view ( is that the correct phrase ?)

The normal cable we use for adsl is balanced (twisted pair.) I think to get rid of these noise effects and to get greater speeds of over 20MB for eg, over telephone network, you probably are looking at deploying GPON. That way, noise generated from within your own house may effect noise margins but outside influences like crosstalk, rf signals etc can be minimised because you use optical fiber upto your home..

2. Advertisement
      Egg Shaped Fred is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday View Post
      I think I've suggested at least three times now that the answers to the questions you keep asking (in other threads) are available in the forum stickies.

If you don't understand the information then please ask for an explanation and I'll do my best to help you. However, if you just can't be bothered to read them then you'll understand if I can't be bothered to keep replying to you

Instead of playing your little ego fuelled game, how about you answer the question with an answer rather than some conceited arrogant remark. If you can't be bothered with that, just don't answer at all.

You wouldn't talk down to me face to face, so please don't do it on line.

deskmonkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bishop Auckland
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

In defence of Saturday, he/she has helped numerous Users on this site - including me. His signature actually provides links to some of the common queries.
      The stickies referred to are also incredibly helpful and informative and really should be read before simply posting questions that are repeated numerous times on the board.

Egg Shaped Fred is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

He/she is assuming they haven't been read when they have and making sarky comments along the way. Either that or their mind reading skills aren't as good as the ADSL diagnostic skills. If it's clear to them that it hasn't been understood, then reading it again and again isn't suddenly going to make it logical.

Not to mention the arrogant way he/she goes about 'helping'. I'd rather they didn't bother with any input if this is how they go about giving advice and just leave the question to someone with a bit of patience who is willing to help.

Rather than wasting everyones time with a wild goose chase, why not just feckin help and have done with it. I could have swore we're in the 'help' forum.

If I showed the same attitude as the 'moderator', I'm sure I'd be banned from the site. Like I said, they wouldn't talk to you face to face like that, why do it online ?
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 23-04-07 at 10:46 PM.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Hi

Our moderators are totally voluntary and help out in their own time, If you have an issue with a moderator that should be taken to a PM and not plastered all over the forum in every post that you make. That said, I hope you get your issues sorted.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I put up with a poor unreliable connection for 3 month's and without Saturdays help I don't think I would have ever found the fault. After fixing the problem and looking around the forum I see many other people posting with very similar problems and in many case's Saturday answering with the same advice time and time again, this must get really frustrating after a while, if people would read the stickys and do a few search's the information is all there. But 10 out of 10 to saturday for continuing to reply to people. I do myself pass on the knowledge I have gained when I can.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123