Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection problem - please help!!!

This is a discussion on Connection problem - please help!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I've been using Sky BB since Dec-06 - it's a wireless BB connection. There were no problems until November ...

MartinM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: south harrow
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Connection problem - please help!!!

Hi, I've been using Sky BB since Dec-06 - it's a wireless BB connection. There were no problems until November this year. Since November, I have been unable to access ANY websites from time time & its getting really bad. The strange thing is that during this period the BB connection NEVER falls. So although the connection is still intact, it cannot access any websites and the following error comes up: 'This page cannot be displayed'. It does not happen any particular day or time - happens any time of the day. I tried re-starting my PC but no luck. Could somebody help me to sort out this problem PLEASE.

2. Advertisement
      ultraviolet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: BT HomeHub 5
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Connection problem - please help!!!

When you get the page not displayed message run the diagnose connection problems on it, that will tell you if there is a problem with your connection or not.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Connection problem - please help!!!

There is a chance that someone in your area has started using wireless BB and their signal is conflicting with yours. Try changing the channel on the router.

It would also be better if you can connect with ethernet, this will confirm whether it is a wireless problem or not.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.