Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Router delivery.

This is a discussion on Router delivery. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Isitme That makes absolutely no sense. If a person is moving with a MAC to Connect, their ...

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Router delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      That makes absolutely no sense. If a person is moving with a MAC to Connect, their line is already activated, it just requires the tag to be changed. A person going on LLU may not have an activated line and it is quite possible that it may not even be capable of being activated, yet their router is sent out days if not weeks before. It would be really interesting to hear Sky's official reason for this.
      I doubt that Sky even have an official reason for this. I get the impression that the software system that drives the provisioning process was very poorly designed. There's an expected sequence of events which drives the system, but it seems that any deviation from that expected sequence is handled very badly. The people responsible for creating this software never looked at the process and stopped to ask, "What happens if BT doesn't give an engineering appointment date until the day that the engineering work takes place?", "What happens if a request to dispatch a router is issued, but the customer never receives their router?"

This kind of shoddy software implementation seems to be the norm for bespoke systems. One of my former employers bought in a bespoke system for software bug tracking - after it was delivered, it took months to actually get it to a point where things ran smoothly. And of course, there's the endless series of Government IT projects which never seem to run properly.

2. Advertisement
      maxping is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Router delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It would be really interesting to hear Sky's official reason for this.
      I sent them a email asking why,i haven't had a reply,why am i not surprised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12