Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ipod Touch work with Sky Broadband?

This is a discussion on Ipod Touch work with Sky Broadband? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Key 1 has a dot next to it, this then shows the full WEP key Key 2-4 no dots but ...

Shaz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Reading
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Ipod Touch work with Sky Broadband?

Key 1 has a dot next to it, this then shows the full WEP key
      Key 2-4 no dots but showing the same WEP key

I have re-entered this WEP key several times, just tried it again, it's all uppercase.

The wireless icon shows, it shows my wireless internet, is ticked, but does not work still. Most internet apps say 'cannot connect' but Safari says 'There was a problem communicating with the web proxy server (HTTP)'.

I've taken my internet security off, tried to access, no luck, put the security back on.

I did start off using WPA with Sky on initial installation, but then for some reason it just stopped working, I never found out why, Sky help was totally no help, and I ended up switching to WEP to get it working - this was a couple of years ago now.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I would suggest turning the wireless back onto WPA and click save changes. I would then remove the wireless profile from the Itouch and start again. (click the little blue symbol to the right of your SKY ssid and there is an option at the top to forget the network).

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I did start off using WPA with Sky on initial installation, but then for some reason it just stopped working, I never found out why
      There were some cases reported a while back where the default SSID and or the Network key changed. My SSID changed, the network key remained the same but others reported a change.
      This may have happened to yours.

Try copying and pasting the Key from the router to your PC, this way there is no r00m for m1stakes

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123