Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My BT line is not registered to right postcode, say SKY?

This is a discussion on My BT line is not registered to right postcode, say SKY? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I would guess that Sky will have to bully Openreach into fixing their postcode entry for that line, because as ...

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: My BT line is not registered to right postcode, say SKY?

I would guess that Sky will have to bully Openreach into fixing their postcode entry for that line, because as far as I know, Openreach don't deal with end-users.

2. Advertisement
      TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James67 View Post
      I would guess that Sky will have to bully Openreach into fixing their postcode entry for that line, because as far as I know, Openreach don't deal with end-users.
      Its a BT wholesale issue since thats where the faulty information is (almost certainly coming from). You could try a tags escalation through sky which involves ringing them and asking them to escalate to the tags on the line team but with the turnover of staff now, its 50/50 if you'll get someone who even understands that.

BT Wholesale can speak to end users regarding tag issues, but I'm not sure if they'd deal with this. Phone #'s etc
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3

murdock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Why does the customer have to sort out this mess?
      The faulty data is used “by all ISPs”.
      Sky blame BT. BT blame Sky.
      The customer is caught in a Catch 22 situation.

Is there not one ISP out there who will say:
      “There is obviously a data input error.
      Let us contact BT and sort it out for you”.

envy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01922
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well last night, i thought id the run the treadmill again and try BT and sky.

Call 1 - BT - Faults

Spoke to an Advisor regarding an issue with postcode. I stated it must be BT Wholesale who have got it wrong, and can they esculate the issue. I was told that BT wholesale do not take end user problems, and Sky must speak to them. I asked more questions about BT wholesale to be told 'we dont get training on BT wholesale, i have no idea on what they do'. Pointless.

Call 2 - Sky BB Sales Team

Went through the same old conversation again. Advised him that postcode linked to the phone was 10 mins down the line. He said that recently he had a similar problem with another customer, wrong postcode right line! He said i could continue with the order and he would overtype the postcode. Took all details, confirmed and order processed.

So after all that, they over typed it. I dont think thats the end of it though, i think BT may reject the line take over as the postcode is different, which leads me back to the same situation.

If it does i will tell sky to take it up with BT Wholesale, as BT Retail have correct records. Its a shame that Sky havent been consistent, and its took me hours to get an order done.

Thanks for everyones help here too! Im sure ill be back in 14 days, saying the order didnt go through

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Went through the same old conversation again. Advised him that postcode linked to the phone was 10 mins down the line. He said that recently he had a similar problem with another customer, wrong postcode right line! He said i could continue with the order and he would overtype the postcode. Took all details, confirmed and order processed.

So after all that, they over typed it. I dont think thats the end of it though, i think BT may reject the line take over as the postcode is different, which leads me back to the same situation.
      sounds like it should work now, when it is put through the codes should match, seems a shame you have had these problems but it should be worth it in the end

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by envy View Post
      Well last night, i thought id the run the treadmill again and try BT and sky.

Call 1 - BT - Faults

Spoke to an Advisor regarding an issue with postcode. I stated it must be BT Wholesale who have got it wrong, and can they esculate the issue. I was told that BT wholesale do not take end user problems, and Sky must speak to them. I asked more questions about BT wholesale to be told 'we dont get training on BT wholesale, i have no idea on what they do'. Pointless.

Call 2 - Sky BB Sales Team

If it does i will tell sky to take it up with BT Wholesale, as BT Retail have correct records. Its a shame that Sky havent been consistent, and its took me hours to get an order done.

Thanks for everyones help here too! Im sure ill be back in 14 days, saying the order didnt go through
      Well it should go through, they've changed the postcode on the sky account to match the incorrect BT postcode - we're not technically supposed to do it because if BT update the records it can cause problems down the line. I'd give provisioning a ring in a couple of days (friday maybe) and get a progress report on the order
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
      Why does the customer have to sort out this mess?
      The faulty data is used “by all ISPs”.
      Sky blame BT. BT blame Sky.
      The customer is caught in a Catch 22 situation.

Is there not one ISP out there who will say:
      “There is obviously a data input error.
      Let us contact BT and sort it out for you”.
      You're not kidding. Unfortunately, the systems ridiculous and involves some situations where the customers supposed to contact BT, some where Sky are supposed to contact BT and some where BT won't deal with the issue. Unfortunately, training in this area seems to be particularily poor and there has still been no official briefs on raising escalations to the tags on the line team for tag issues that Sky are supposed to solve. Instead, we are officially told to tell the customer to contact BT retail who will do absolutely nothing. Until you get to an half-experienced agent, its like hitting a brick wall!

murdock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by envy View Post
      Well last night, i thought id the run the treadmill again and try BT and sky. ... Im sure ill be back in 14 days, saying the order didnt go through
      Hi envy.
      Two weeks have passed.
      I am curious to know if the postcode problem was sorted out -
      and if so, by which organisation.

envy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01922
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well its connected fine , got online at five minutes ago!

So the answer was a simple over-type by a Sky operator! I checked my order online and sky processed the order on BTs incorrect postcode, and it has worked!

Goes to show that doing the wrong thing, actually works!

So for anyone reading this having the same issue... get your sky operator to overtype the order postcode to the 'incorrect' bt postcode!!

Maybe one day BT will actually get it right! I doubt that though, they have shown themselves to be totally useless in every area.

Most of all thanks to everyone here for helping, including you murdok

Oh by the way im connecting at 4mb, should be 8mb, but hey im happy having the internet at the moment

LooieENG is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

We had exactly the same problem. I think it's why it says "wait 5 working days after having your BT line installed" because they have to let it update.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast