Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What does this mean?

This is a discussion on What does this mean? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I keep seeing these messages in my router log but i'm not sure what they mean, should I be worried? ...

garym_67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: stanley
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What does this mean?

I keep seeing these messages in my router log but i'm not sure what they mean, should I be worried?

Dec 13 14:17:00 (none) user.alert kernel: Intrusion -> IN=ppp_0_38_1 OUT= MAC= SRC=91.177.52.64 DST=90.206.124.189 LEN=48 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=118 ID=30559 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=16159 DPT=38807 WINDOW=65535 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0

Thanks

Gary

2. Advertisement
      HSNetwork is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLRF
      Broadband ISP: Max going to O2 Pro
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: What does this mean?

I cant be 100% certain never having a router other than D-links properly before but to me it looks as if someone attempted to hack you.

But again I stress I am not 100% on this. I would have thought it was unsuccessful as anyone wasting their time attempting to get into your system or router would then take the time to delete the logs. Not to mention most routers stop such attempts.
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

A Word of advice :-
      "Dont ever p*** of your Network/System/Server Admin. Any responsible IT Admin will know more about you than you know about yourself, just ask those that have wronged me.

How to set up Wireless on your Ipod Touch / IPhone (PDF including pictures)
      How to set up Sky Emails on your Ipod Touch / Iphone (PDF including pictures)

garym_67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: stanley
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: What does this mean?

Thanks, I thought as much. Not too worried at the moment as the router seems to be blocking it anyway, it's the sagem version btw if that makes any difference. Both my PC and laptop have firewalls so I'll just ignore for now.