Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

in need of help please

This is a discussion on in need of help please within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; whats connect? am i getting my correct data tho? i should be on sky max the 16 meg bundle. but ...

HELGHAST is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: in need of help please

whats connect?

am i getting my correct data tho? i should be on sky max the 16 meg bundle. but this connect sounds like im no way near it. and this G.DMT whats that?

but to some it up can you reveiw it please. lol i only ask as me mums the subscriber as my card cant be used. even tho im 19 cheer's. and thanks ALOT for the help

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richone54 View Post
      as paul says i think you need to double check your filters before you phone sky/BT. your auto regrade / cap will be because of the line noise and if you cannot find the fault i'm not sure what sky can do (they would not lift the cap as this would not help)

your first tests should be with filter into test socket then phone and modem plugged in (nothing else at all, not even the sky box), if problem is still there then try the other filters (sky send 3)
      i done this its deffinatly (spelling) the internet. phone on its own = perfect sky box's plugged in = still perfect inter net plugged in = poor so all in all i need a enginner to fix the line and get sky to remove my cap? with the line should i phone sky or BT? asim not paying the charge's

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Connect is the bottom tier of BB offered by Sky, it's just a level of service. Check the line for noise with all filters provided one at a time, if the noise persists and the line drops when someone uses the phone then there is a problem. If there is no noise on the line when the router is not plugged in then either all your filters are faulty or something is wrong on the exchange side of the line. If this is the case call Sky TS as soon as possible before the lines get busy as you have more chance of getting it sorted by the CST team.
      If it's an issue with the adsl then you call sky, if it was a noisy line issue with only the phone plugged in then you would call BT.

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

before you call either i would take out the SKY plus (you will not get into any trouble as you will be plugging back in later)

only have tel and router plugged in and then test all the filters you have (all done from test socket)

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      Connect is the bottom tier of BB offered by Sky, it's just a level of service. Check the line for noise with all filters provided one at a time, if the noise persists and the line drops when someone uses the phone then there is a problem. If there is no noise on the line when the router is not plugged in then either all your filters are faulty or something is wrong on the exchange side of the line. If this is the case call Sky TS as soon as possible before the lines get busy as you have more chance of getting it sorted by the CST team.
      If it's an issue with the adsl then you call sky, if it was a noisy line issue with only the phone plugged in then you would call BT.

THANK VERY MUCH

here's my exchange rate if it effects it at all :/
      You are around 940 metres from your exchange (as the crow flies).

thanks again paulsky and richone54

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123