Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Setting up Azureus

This is a discussion on Setting up Azureus within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I hope I have this in the right place now, I'm sorry if I dont. I am trying to set ...

jakewc2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Covent Garden
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Setting up Azureus

I hope I have this in the right place now, I'm sorry if I dont.

I am trying to set this up. I have got as far as testing the ports, but it keeps giving me an error.

NAT Error - Connect attempt to 90.202........:49151 (your computer) timed out after 20 seconds. This means your port is probably closed.

I have tried about 10 different ports but all come back with the same error.

Can somebody help me with finding a port that works?

Thank you.

John.

2. Advertisement
      mrmond is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Setting up Azureus

Quote Originally Posted by jakewc2 View Post
      I hope I have this in the right place now, I'm sorry if I dont.

I am trying to set this up. I have got as far as testing the ports, but it keeps giving me an error.

NAT Error - Connect attempt to 90.202........:49151 (your computer) timed out after 20 seconds. This means your port is probably closed.

I have tried about 10 different ports but all come back with the same error.

Can somebody help me with finding a port that works?

Thank you.

John.

sure. If I assume your using windows version. The default port is set to 13922.
      Set up a service call it azureus ,set the type to TCP and start/finish 13922.do the same again for call it UDP and set the type to UDP with the same number.
      Then set a new firwall rule.For the outbound service ,select azureus service in the drop down box and choose allow always as the action then save.
      Then for the inbound service select add,choose allow always again after selecting the azeurus service you defined. make sure in send to lan service you have the ip of your router i.e 192.168.0.2 for example (should hopefully be filled in already)depending on if you are just connecting straight thru or wireless & WAN users as any. then apply and save settings.
      Make a firewall rule exactly the same for the UDP service.
      Start azureus and select the tools - Nat/firewall test. make sure you enter the same port number as the rule you set in the firewall/service. in this case 13922 then test. Hopefully it should report ok and then you can just apply it.

Thanks

Thank you for your message, I really appreciate your help.
      Unfortunately, I'm, not computer savvy, and what you have just posted makes absolutely no sense to me. I'll go through it step by step to ask questions. I am so sorry. I hope you will be able to put up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmond View Post
      sure.
      If I assume your using windows version. The default port is set to 13922.
      I am Using Windows XP SP2.

Set up a service call it azureus ,set the type to TCP and start/finish 13922.do the same again for call it UDP and set the type to UDP with the same number.
      Then set a new firwall rule.For the outbound service ,select azureus service in the drop down box and choose allow always as the action then save.
      Where do I set up these services I did follow the guide that has been written for setting up Azures, and got as far as the port thing, but that was done step by step. It didnt say anything about services though. Can you direct me to where I need to set these up?

Thank you.

Then for the inbound service select add,choose allow always again after selecting the azeurus service you defined. make sure in send to lan service you have the ip of your router i.e 192.168.0.2 for example (should hopefully be filled in already)depending on if you are just connecting straight thru or wireless & WAN users as any. then apply and save settings.
      Where would I do this, I tried following your instructions but got totally lost.

Make a firewall rule exactly the same for the UDP service.
      Start azureus and select the tools - Nat/firewall test. make sure you enter the same port number as the rule you set in the firewall/service. in this case 13922 then test. Hopefully it should report ok and then you can just apply it.
      When you talk about making a firewall rule, is that in the router setting or in my own firewall?

Thank you for your patience.

I really appreciate the help.

John.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

Hi, I was following that thread, I got to the part in the configuration wizard, where it talks about the ports, and followed the instructions, and thats where the error came up,

Which is why I asked about help getting the ports sorted.

I have also come across another something I cant do, I did try carrying on to set up the rest, and got to the part where it talks about Plugins auto speed, but what you show on that page, is different to what i have, I dont seem to be able to configure it because it isnt there. I've searched everywhere for it.

Sorry to be such a pain. I do learn quite quickly, just need a little help.

Thank you again.

John

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Created by Camtasia Studio 4

Here is a tutorial on setting up utorrent, apply the same principle for Azureus

Hope that helps.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

Ah, that was useful, apart from it was way bigger than my screen and I had to keep scrolling up/down and left/right trying to watch it, stop it and start it. LOL. Think I have it done correctly now.

I think I have that right.

What about setting up the speeds. The auto speeds section I dont have, or at least its not where you show it. Does that matter?

Thank you again.

LEE69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jakewc2 View Post

What about setting up the speeds. The auto speeds section I dont have, or at least its not where you show it. Does that matter?

Thank you again.
      Open Azureus.
      Click plug ins on the top line.
      Then installation wizard.
      by list from sourceforge.net should be marked so click next.
      Tick auto speed then next, then finish.
      Then another window will open and click install.
      Then click close when it is done