Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can old customers get new router?

This is a discussion on Can old customers get new router? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi i've been with Sky broadband for over 12 months and have had all the common issues with dropouts etc. ...

DeeGame is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kingsbury, London NW9
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Can old customers get new router?

hi

i've been with Sky broadband for over 12 months and have had all the common issues with dropouts etc. after adjusting the settings initially everything was fine & i could surf away till my heart was content.

however, over the past week i have been experiencing dropouts on a daily basis & my sister is threatening to throw my laptop in the bin

is there anyway i can get Sky to exchange my router?

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Can old customers get new router?

There's no official mechanism for doing this. I suppose they might send you a new one if you can convince them the old one is broken, assuming they've now run out of refurbished V1 routers.

I think Sky would rather you waited for the forthcoming V1 router firmware update which should fix all your problems. It's being rolled out real soon now. Apparently.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Can old customers get new router?

All this week I have had to restart the router in the morning due to not being able to connect, the SNR is very good as I restart the router close to midnight so it is always high in the morning.

I am showing as synching yet annot connect, a reboot means I can get on but then I have to reboot the router all day due to the falling SNR.

It's been playing merry hell here when I try and play online. I don't care what router I use just as long as I can get on and not have to reboot all day.