Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cannot Send Emails Using Outlook 2003

This is a discussion on Cannot Send Emails Using Outlook 2003 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just wondered if anybody had any ideas about this, I am having the same problem on both my desktop and ...

wokeye is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down Cannot Send Emails Using Outlook 2003

Just wondered if anybody had any ideas about this, I am having the same problem on both my desktop and laptop. I have already decided just to go with web-based email as Sky's technical support is the worst I have ever come across by a long way. I have checked eveything lots of times done all the instructions and went through all the stuff I have already done twice with their technical help, disabled all security software etc. I have never had trouble like this before and I have set outlook up many times with other ISP's. Sky in the end told me to contact Microsoft, which is ridiculous but not surprising really. I just wondered if it maybe could be the firewall on the Netgear router or something but surely it would not block the outgoing mail port 465? If anybody has any ideas it would be much appreciated, if not it does not matter as I do not waste much of my time with this, and web-based email should be fine. At least Sky broaband is cheap and I guess customer service is usually bad with ISP's anyway, but Sky is an utter joke they just do not have a clue! Thanks for any help.

2. Advertisement
      moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: DG834GT + TL-WR702N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Cannot Send Emails Using Outlook 2003

Quote Originally Posted by wokeye View Post
      Just wondered if anybody had any ideas about this, I am having the same problem on both my desktop and laptop. I have already decided just to go with web-based email as Sky's technical support is the worst I have ever come across by a long way. I have checked eveything lots of times done all the instructions and went through all the stuff I have already done twice with their technical help, disabled all security software etc. I have never had trouble like this before and I have set outlook up many times with other ISP's. Sky in the end told me to contact Microsoft, which is ridiculous but not surprising really. I just wondered if it maybe could be the firewall on the Netgear router or something but surely it would not block the outgoing mail port 465? If anybody has any ideas it would be much appreciated, if not it does not matter as I do not waste much of my time with this, and web-based email should be fine. At least Sky broaband is cheap and I guess customer service is usually bad with ISP's anyway, but Sky is an utter joke they just do not have a clue! Thanks for any help.
      What version of Outlook are you using? If 2002/XP you need SP3, get it from Download details: Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

It may well be that your issue is related to the ongoing problems since the migration of all emails accounts. If you are fully updated as above and are running the correct server settings, have done a password reset and still get nowhere then it might help if you actually tell us if you get any error messages when you try sending emails.

wokeye is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
      What version of Outlook are you using? If 2002/XP you need SP3, get it from Download details: Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
      That fixed it sorry for being an idiot, just thought it would work as it was. Thanks for all the help much appreciated.

rics is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01257
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi

Glad to hear you fixed it. However I am having same problem. I can receive emails to Oulook but not send from Outlook. Do you just down load SP3 - I dont think I have got the original office disk , does this prevent me from downloading.

Thanks

Thanks

rics, if you follow the link given (HERE IT IS AGAIN) and scroll down the page to the second download button, that is for the complete download.(it's 57.5 MB so may take a little while to download, depending on the speed of your line). Save it to your hard disk and then run it from there.

shipper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0117
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
      rics, if you follow the link given (HERE IT IS AGAIN) and scroll down the page to the second download button, that is for the complete download.(it's 57.5 MB so may take a little while to download, depending on the speed of your line). Save it to your hard disk and then run it from there.
      How do I know if I have SP3 already as am having problem with O Express?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shipper View Post
      How do I know if I have SP3 already as am having problem with O Express?
      The SP3 is only for Outlook2002/ Office XP. What problems are you having with OE. It may be better if you start you own thread so people can advise you.
      Last edited by moleman; 23-12-07 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Spelling!!!