Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My stats do see anything wrong ?

This is a discussion on My stats do see anything wrong ? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; It is indeed a pity, especially as you are not on a Sky connection. Sky depend on BT to supply ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: My stats do see anything wrong ?

It is indeed a pity, especially as you are not on a Sky connection. Sky depend on BT to supply and keep their Connect package maintained, at which they seem to be woefully inept. No doubt if you were paying BT direct, it would have been fixed long ago.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eyemdee View Post
      If you are on this exchange then O2/Be is not available yet.
      As far as I know, Be don't offer connections to people who aren't connected to one of their LLU'd exchanges. My local exchange isn't enabled for Be and if I type my phone number into their availability checker, they simply say that they cannot provide me with a service at this time.

djfleming22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 6703
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi there i have checked my exchange and it is be enabled so i will try with them i know i will not get near to the 24 mb they are talking about but i will get about 12 to 14 mbs which is more than sky connect and i will not be strangled by there bandwidth which i am at the moment

Sometimes you need to sit back and look around and see if it will get any better if you dont think it will then is time to move on i think this is this time .

I will let you know how i get on.

Thanks

With your SNR and attenuation, Sky Max would give you 12-14 mb. Is there no prospect of your exchange being upgraded by Sky? BE do seem to be one of the better ISPs, although if your line has problems, they will still be there(no pun) with another ISP.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes you are right i will still have the same problem but as my Connect package still costs me 17.00 every month after the first six months as we get a deal now for 5.00 i can go on the Be package for 18.00 a month and not get strangle to death as my top down load speed goes between 30 and 40 kbs/ps where as my friend with Virgin Media cable gets between 400 and 500 kbs/ps i am sorry but there is no comparsion just alot of false promises and after i had all the problems with tier 1 and 2 i would rather change to a ULL.

I must admit i did not know alot about connection and speeds but i have learnt so much lately that i can confidently hold a good conversation with some of the IT departments now, so that is the only thing that i can thank them for, but the worst is the lack of hair after pulling it out all the time as i was getting no where with some of Sky so called IT departments in the Phillipines.

I will post you and let you know how i get on with BE

Thanks

but as my Connect package still costs me 17.00 every month after the first six months as we get a deal now for 5.00
      I understood that if you were given the 5 package, you stayed on it until your exchange was upgraded. The 6 months is just extended until the exchange is LLUd. I know this was the case with myself, I was on the 5 package for 8 months, before I was moved to Mid. I am fairly sure I have seen this reported by other Users.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have no idea if they are going to update this exchange or not but i can stay with BE for a year and if they upgrade the service in this area i may change but if BE does offer a very good service than i am willing to pay a little extra for a good service, i am sorry to say but the service that Sky has offered in the past couple of days is very bad and they should listen to there customers a little more, i also do not have the time or the patience to spell out details to someone from another country what i am trying to say it is not my fault if they cannot understand my Scottish voice.

Now when i did decided to quit Sky they did call me back and the person i spoke too was very nice and considerate and willing to listen, please please use this type of experience at the beginning of a problem not at the end of it, that is why big organisations lose customers in the first place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123