Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Different Lines

This is a discussion on Different Lines within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; HI THERE JUST TO ASK A QUESTION IS A ULL LINE BETTER THAN A ASDL AS THE THE COMPANY YOU ...

djfleming22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 6703
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question Different Lines

HI THERE JUST TO ASK A QUESTION IS A ULL LINE BETTER THAN A ASDL AS THE THE COMPANY YOU BUY THE PRODUCT FROM CAN PUT THERE OWN EQUIPMENT ON IT RATHER THAN RENT THE BANDWIDTH FROM BT AM I RIGHT IN THIS AND WOULD I GET A BETTER DOWN LOAD SPEED AS I WOULD NOT BE GETTTING STRANGLED

MANY THANKS PAUL
      Last edited by djfleming22; 24-11-07 at 01:18 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Different Lines

Hi, an LLU or LOCAL LOOP UNBUNDLING does support ASDL ,but in Skys case it is only offered on its Max package. Connect, Base and Mid support GDMT which in itself is fine and in some cases can offer better line stability than ASDL. On your Connect package which is a rebranded BT product not using LLU does come with up to 8 mb download speeds according to your connection and line attentuation. Post some statistics (follow the links in this forum) and someone may be able to help

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Would I Get A Better Download Speed With Llu As To Gmdt

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Don't quite follow what you mean. LLU is ADSL there is no difference. LLU just means that the DSLAM you are connected to in the exchange is owned by an ISP and not BT. The speed you will get depends largely on your phone line. If you opt for MID the speed you get will be much the same. If you go for MAX, which can use ADSL2+ if your line supports it, your speed could be doubled. As suggested post your stats and someone will give you an idea what to expect.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I Am Sorry For Being So Stupid But What Is The Difference Betwwen Asdl And Asdl + 2 And Who Would Be The Provider For This As I Have Checked The Exchange And This Is Available To Me At This Time

Thanks

If it is available with Sky and you are on Sky Connect at the moment, you will be switched over automatically. ADSL2+, with Sky(MAX), is capable of up to 16MB, normal ADSL (with Mid) up to 8MB.

There is no need to experiment so much with the Caps key

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No its not available on my exchange, all thats available is Sky Connect so i would have to go to another provider like BE which does provide a LLU service wth my BT exchange or go back to Virgin media as my cable was a lot more stable than this one for downloading u torrent etc

Cheers Paul

Thanks

Yes, being throttled, Connect is a poor choice for a P2Per or torrenter. You would be much better of with an LLU provider, like BE. I did hear that Virgin was doing a bit of throttling too, although that may not be true.

TomD

Useful Utilites