Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

MAC code declined....Now stuck in limbo land

This is a discussion on MAC code declined....Now stuck in limbo land within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Got my MAC code from Nildram on 15thNov. Sky say it's invalid and been declined. Both companies say there's nothing ...

wilt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newtownards
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

MAC code declined....Now stuck in limbo land

Got my MAC code from Nildram on 15thNov.
      Sky say it's invalid and been declined.

Both companies say there's nothing they can do.
      Nildram say it been issued by BT and is 100% correct.
      Sky say it's been declined and that's it.
      They never contacted be to tell me it's been declined, i phoned to see what the hold up was.

Now i can't migrate at all untill this MAC code expires and then hope the next ones valid. I'll have to wait untill the 15th december.

What a mess. I don't know who's telling pork pies, or maybe it's just BT's fault.

Why can't BT/openreach be contacted to resolve this?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: MAC code declined....Now stuck in limbo land

How did you receive the Code? Did you pass it on exactly as you received it and have the agent read it back to you? According to Ofcom, there are about 7 different procedures for using MACs and unfortunately all operators are not properly trained in using them.

As for waiting and using another code, that may not be advisable unless you find out why the code was declined in the first place. It is quite possible it will be refused again! Maybe one of the Skybods on the forum can help, but phoning Sky and insisting on being told why it was declined, would be your best course of action. Even if they can only give you an error code, I am sure one of the guys would interpret it for you.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

wilt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newtownards
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I entered it myself the first time when ordering See,Speak,Surf.
      It was 100% correct then, and was told by sky's website it was a vaild format.
      It's now been turned down 3 times.

I'm now thinking it was either cancelled by accident or dates/installation changed and this has made it error.

I'm told it's not a valid MAC code, it is in the correct format, but not valid.
      I've checked 4 times with Nildram and got them to email me it again, it's 100% what is being entered as sky has confirmed each time.

Just my luck.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

HERE is an article which pertains to the problem you are having.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.