Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

order complete ?

This is a discussion on order complete ? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I'm migrating from pipex to sky. BT order logger shows two orders. Provide LLU LINE SHARE PSTN due today ...

richardA is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

order complete ?

Hi

I'm migrating from pipex to sky. BT order logger shows two orders.
      Provide LLU LINE SHARE PSTN due today and a cease due on the 20th.

I'd understood it was the first of these that would determine when sky was available and Pipex would no longer be accessible.

However, the first order now says complete but I've still got the same IP address and I'm still online with the old modem.

Can this be possible?

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Richard

In theory it shouldn't be possible but it would seem a few people have said the same thing as you, have you connected the Sky router to see what it does ?

As for the cease thats normal BT put the ISP Stream though 3 working days after the change over.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

still got pipex service

I have tried the sky modem now and it connects (at the old 1 Mbit speed) but fails authentication and hence it seems fairly conclusive that my line is still connected to the pipex/bt infrastructure.

Do sky have to do anything once the bt order is complete or should it now be running and I need to start the escalation process?

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes they do once BT have completed there work they should inform SkyBB but they have been known not to be very quick to do it so maybe a call to TS would help.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I give up

I was meant to be migrated on 15 but although bt claimed work had been done, I was still with Pipex.

On 21 after spending 5 (five) hours on the phone to Sky I managed to persuade tier 3 to log a call with BT (after resolving an internal argument between provisioning and technical support).

Still nothing happened...

On 28 (after numerous phone calls to sky) managed to persuade tier 3 to speak to BT. BT upgraded my line that evening to a higher speed but still connected to pipex.

Tried to call sky again to tell them it is still not fixed but gave up after another hour of negotiating with the technical desk and waiting to be put through to tier 3 which may now be tier 2 - at this point I gave up.

Have now spoken to another supplier to get broadband put in on the other line.