Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

help please - Sky BB is doing my head in

This is a discussion on help please - Sky BB is doing my head in within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Help please. Last wednesday my local exchange ( newcastle under lyme ) kicked me off my sky max. I called ...

gullarm is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle under Lyme
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:

help please - Sky BB is doing my head in

Help please.

Last wednesday my local exchange ( newcastle under lyme ) kicked me off my sky max.

I called sky tech support ( hmm ), who asked all the obvious questions.

Net result was - problem at the exchange, Hmm!

Anyway on friday Im still offline, call again, problem at the exchange, Hmm, log into to the easynet web site and check and there is. Advised by sky that this would be fixed on sat.

Sat comes and goes, no BB.

Call on Wed, same questions, get a job logged ( 503078 ) they will call back in 72 hours and the job will be sorted.

On friday ( today ) get home and find a message on my phone saying the BB is fixed, but it isnt.

Call back sky, only reply I manage to get out of the mono-tone man is : -

"I will log another job", to which my reply is why not keep the same job no as this fault is evidently not fixed within the alloted 72 hours and so must surely take priorty over other jobs logged. this flummoxed him for a bit so he said I could call back later and they would try and put me thru to tier 3 ( they had already tried but they dont appear to have a queing system?????)

I asked if he could reset my account and check my modems MAC code is logged to be used on the system, to which he said no! I felt like asking him what he actually does, perhaps he cleans the toilets and merely answers the phone on an Adhoc basis when his toilet is in use.

According to mono-tone after 10.30pm is the best time to call.

Any help advice etc, Im going round in circles.

Its not my end as I have tried :-

3 filters
      2 cables
      Master socket
      I dont have a phone extension cable
      Unpluggin the phone
      Resetting the router
      Taking router/modem over my mums and it works there

I have the new style modem ( black one )

Sorry for the dodgy text but Im on dial up on 3p a min.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV

Re: help please - Sky BB is doing my head in

no ticket takes priority over another (unless its in the escalations que), and if the exchange fault is now resolved the ticket will be you're now having user specific problems the new ticket will be dealt with as and when its picked up (unless u get to tier 3 on the phone)

and there is a que system, its just that longer than 2 mins and tier 1 will tell you to call back or that you'll receive a call back in up to 5 working days (which is the 'normal' time frame). you can ask to stay in the que anyway and so long as you have the ticket number given to you its ok - but if tier 1 dont give you the ticket id then tier 3 dont HAVE to take the call (although most do as it can be found)

your exchange has had a lot of issues the last week or so so it wasnt a lie there, i assume you've tried the router in the master/test socket to see if it works in there...seeing what else you've done i'd imagine its a line/port issue...

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket