Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

VENT: don't give Sky too much notice of move!

This is a discussion on VENT: don't give Sky too much notice of move! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by austinjreid ahh, but they have terminated it. No broadband subscription appears on my 'my sky' account any ...

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: VENT: don't give Sky too much notice of move!

Quote Originally Posted by austinjreid View Post
      ahh, but they have terminated it. No broadband subscription appears on my 'my sky' account any more. Also in a response from Cust Relations, they said: "Should you wish to reconnect Broadband at your new address please don't hesitate to contact me and I will ensure an new order is placed."

As another insult, they have now offered 30 goodwill gesture which has actually been added to my bill. i.e. the amount now owing has increased by 30 !!!!!
      Thats part of the moving home process, which everyone who moves home goes through. Call up, disconnected (at which point it dissapears from account), call up to reconnect and it will be back on. Its not amazingly thought out, as anyone moving home can just not call back and get out of the BB contract.
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3

2. Advertisement
      austinjreid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGRTFO
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSx View Post
      Its not amazingly thought out, as anyone moving home can just not call back and get out of the BB contract.
      my thoughts too!

austinjreid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGRTFO
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

This is Sky's idea of a 30 goodwill gesture credit added to my account! Forgive me for being stoopid but I figured the 30 would not increase my total owed!?

Bill Dated: 11 November 2007

Amount owing from last month 0.00
      Sky Subscriptions 21.00
      Sky Broadband 17.00
      Sky Talk 10.57

Additional Products and Services 50.00 (moving home)

Total Balance: 98.57

16/11/2007 Credit Adjustment 30.00
      Current Balance: 128.57
      Payment Due By: 25/11/2007

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Maybe we should have a whip around and buy them a calculator with a Minus sign

No doubt they will sort it out eventually.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

harveylimsponytaul is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gravesend
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am really glad that I have found this site, because I too have sufferred intolerably from Sky and their USELESS Policies and Procedures.

Being the efficient, well planned person that I am, I thought that I would give people plenty of notice about my house move. Thinking that by letting Sky know my house move is taking place on the 24th November that they will be able to reconnect me at somepoint there after.

However, I was disconnected some 18 days ago now, and was told when I called that they would be able to connect me, but takes 10-14 days! Not even an apology. The people working on the telephone helpline are rude and completely unhelpful!

Calling today, the day that BT installs my telephone line at my new address, to let Sky know that they can reconnect me. Oh except that they can't because the "system" hasn't been updated, and that they recommend calling again in another five days so that the "system" can catch up!

Utter, utter rubbish. It wouldn't be so bad if I called today and they ask me to call again in five days time, but I am a web developer for goodness sake and have already patiently waited 18 days, and quietly whimpered about them disconnecting me prematurely and without notice.

Sorry for the length of this message, but it is a shambles! I haven't checked my billing yet, but I can almost assure you that these people have billed me for the service I haven't received.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

when moving home, you obviously have to get the BT line running first. This can then take up to a week to be updated at BT's end so an order can be placed. Then, and only then, can BB be installed. And this goes through as a new order on the line which can take up to 14 days to be installed (the same for any new customer who's not had BB)...

IF you're BB is now fully cancelled, once the line is running at your end the order can be placed (so long as they've properly cancelled down the old service) and it should be running in 2 weeks....

I think TSx will explain it better but i believe that's how it works...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12