Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Now their systems are DOWN!

This is a discussion on Now their systems are DOWN! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well, I've just tried to call Sky! Apparently all their systems are down and have been for a couple of ...

Gordicron is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Now their systems are DOWN!

Well, I've just tried to call Sky! Apparently all their systems are down and have been for a couple of hours now (I tried earlier and it was the same).

This does not bode well - it looks like Sky just haven't planned properly for what was, surely by design, to be a high demand 'product'.

Presumably their systems have been overloaded by the number of people calling and asking when the heck they're going to be connected?

- G

2. Advertisement
      hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Systems do go down, and once is not really indicative of anything. If it keeps happening then I will worry.

Thanks for the info though

Andy_G is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAROC
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Yes, I've just been on the phone to them myself, they cant update me with any progress because the second system isn't working.....great.

Just a note, I dont know if this number is known or not, but I got straight though to order tracking on 08700 248 930 the called was answered in seconds.

Nutter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yup i have had the same , systems down.
      It does happen....

Use the free call phone number, 0800 0510317 opt 1 opt 3 for order status, I got through in 15 seconds
      There are 10 people who understand binary, Those that do and those that dont

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Gordicron

I think they way they are sending out the invite emails was well planned what I don't think they did take into consideration was the ability of BTW to complete all the orders that are being sent to them.

There could be any number of reason any system going down and I doubt it has anything to do with all the phone calls about missed or late activations.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter View Post
      Use the free call phone number, 0800 0510317 opt 1 opt 3 for order status, I got through in 15 seconds
      Thanks! That'll save me some money, at least!

- G

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well, it seems the staff at Sky are feeling the pressure - spoke to two people in the last couple of hours and both have been pretty rude. I work in an IT Support department for a large international company myself, so I know how things can get, but I've certainly never been rude to anyone I've dealt with (and believe me, some people can be pretty nasty). How unprofessional!

Anyway, I'm still none the wiser as to what is going on but I've now been told that both Sky and BT are working as hard as possible to sort the backlog (fair enough) but I've also been told that it would probably be quicker for me to go back to BT!

I also got told by one guy that he was sick of people phoning and complaining - well hard luck basically, because I don't blame people for complaining if they're not getting what they're paying for! Oh - and I also got the "I will give you a call back" routine. First time I've had that, but I will give them a chance to make good on that promise.

Really starting to regret choosing Sky for my broadband.

- G

Cherimoya is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham Carfax
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I would have to say that every one of the 10 or so CS people I've spoken with in the last 10 days have been very polite....just completely incapable of following through or solving my missing router problem

SteCole77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Manchester Irlam - MRIRL
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I've just tried to find out why my speed is so wonky but it seems that the line checking systems for the 2nd and 3rd Tiers of support are down.

Was asked to call back either late tonight, as they work untill 11pm apparently or to be safe call tomorrow morning as it should be up by then.

The guy i spoke to was nice and polite..
      Spoke to a different guy yesterday who seemed board and as if he was reading word for word from a card.. no matter what i said... he could have been pre recorded

I guess i should be glad that i'm on the bus at least, so to speak, even if i'm hanging off the back at times with my feet dragging on the floor!
      Last edited by SteCole77; 15-09-06 at 07:22 PM.