Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

!! NICE TALKTALK (CPW) Migration Process!! After Hours Of Hell With Customer Support!

This is a discussion on !! NICE TALKTALK (CPW) Migration Process!! After Hours Of Hell With Customer Support! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Most of you might remember the HELLL Iwent through with SKY, about ordering BB MAX. I first ordered on 08/09/06. ...

Chu-Fye is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

!! NICE TALKTALK (CPW) Migration Process!! After Hours Of Hell With Customer Support!

Most of you might remember the HELLL Iwent through with SKY, about ordering BB MAX.

I first ordered on 08/09/06. I then rang back on the 11/09/06, only to be told that my order was cancelled because there was a problem with my post code (Yes, I know... tsk tsk). I disputed that, only to be told that there was now a prob with my Line. Mind you, they couldn't tell me what it was. So I knowing that they were clueless, told them that I have my Line rental and Broadband from CarPhone Warehouse Talk Talk.(Which is still running on BT Equipment).
      Oh boyyy, werent they happy, they were quick to go (Ahhhh.. thats the prob sir), you must have your Line Rental being paid to BT(i.e be a BT customer).

I straight up knew that was rubbish, so I asked them the obvious :............ So why then did I provide you guys with a MAC code at signup? Why then did TALKTALK issue me a MAC code if I couldnt Migrate. Why are all other companies INCLUDING BT say to me I can Migrate to them?........They just said they dont know and that I wont be able to sign up with SKY unless I go back to BT.

TUESDAY 12/09/06, I then rang back and tried ordering again, because I knew that the Sales Reps were just ignorant, uninformed and incompetent, so thats why I had my time wasted and suffering aggravation. Got another lady on the phone who said the same "SWITCH BACK TO BT" nonsense. I saisd thank you and tried calling a different Dept.. Spoke to a guy who then hung up on me (yes, he did, he didnt even wanna give me his name either). Rang back yet again, spoke to another guy who promised he wouldnt hang up and that he knew what he is about.. Guess what? Yup, u guessed right.. He didnt!
      He then called over one of his colleagues who pretended to be a Suprvisor (Yes, they pulled that one on me). who then told me the same "SWITCH BACK TO BT" rubbish. I then asked him to cancel my existing order as it has been mucked up and lets start over, cuz I knew what I was talking about. He then did that, but then told me that the system wont let me sign back up for another 5 days. I knew that was Bull but I agreed becuz I knew I was dealing with someone clueless, and I just wanted to get away.

Wednesday 12/09/06, I called back first thing in the morning, and Bless my stars, I spoke to someone in the KNOW. He apologized straight up for being told the crap I had been, and asked me to bare with them as they are new to this business and they dont know much about Broadband. Im glad someone was being honest finally. He then checked me lead on the system, only to find out that it was a mess (Remember that so called Supervisor?). He apologized 3 more times, yes, and then cleaned up my account, took my MAC code and did me a speedy order. Guy was well informed.

Thursday 13/09/06, I received a letter thanking me for my order.

Friday 14/09/06 I hear my door bell buzzing, I then flew out of bed, looked outside, and saw a Parceline Van. I ran to the door, and lo n Behold, I receive a Sky Router. Ran inside and started tearing the packaging apart, when seconds later, another knock on me door. Opened, and there was another postman with letters. Yup, you guessed right, a "Not Long Now" letter from Sky confirming my activation on 21/09/06.

So there you have it folks.. my Hell and Back.
      But finally with perseverance, i got what I knew I could get.
      Dont let the ignorance and imcompetence of people, keep you from moving forward.

Ill keep you damies updated...

Peace!!!!!

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well about time to I hope after all this everything goes to plan for you.

I have everything crossed in anticipation of a successful connection.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Chu-Fye is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks Wheelie.. I love the support. I was sooo frustrated!
      Last edited by Wheelie; 15-09-06 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User Name this helps us to keep the forum tidy and posts more compact. Thanks

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I understand believe me though mine was with BT not SkyBB.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Unregistered EX BT Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Oh man!!

Well heres the good new .. or bad..

My applying and getting an activation and receiveing my sky router all happened in 3 days. So its only recently and since my activation date (Yep, you guessed it NOT Activated still...) that sky have shown they are useless.

So fill up with vallium and prozac when the activation date arrives and make sure there is no knifes or guns in the house because if you get the crap ive had and still am getting then you may just may feel like ending it all.

Good luck

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Dear god some of the people in the sales department sound like a right bunch of tools

Glad to see you finaly got it sorted and should be up and running soon, let us know how it is