Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving From UKOnline To Sky. Activation 21/09/06

This is a discussion on Moving From UKOnline To Sky. Activation 21/09/06 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey guys, I have been reading these forums for quite some time now and am impressed by the input provided ...

andijames is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Moving From UKOnline To Sky. Activation 21/09/06

Hey guys,

I have been reading these forums for quite some time now and am impressed by the input provided from everyone here. Very helpful and friendly forum

Just thought i'd keep people up to date with the progress of my order. Might be a good experience might be bad but will give people a realistic idea of what to expect i think.

I placed my order on 11/09/06 and received my router yesterday (14/09/06) so on this score 10 out of 10 for delivery. Received my "not long now" letter too yesterday confirming my activation date to be 21/09/06. I hope and pray that this goes through on this date as having no BB at the moment feels like i've lost a limb!

Nothing has appeared on the BT tracker yet (is this the one on there site?) but will keep you posted on further developments!

EDIT: Just checked BT tracker and work is due to be carried out 21/09/06 so looks on course. Good experience so far hopefully it carrys on this way!

Cheers

AJ
      Last edited by andijames; 15-09-06 at 11:58 AM.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site AJ

Well please to hear you are getting on ok so far and I hope the 21st is correct but you should maybe be prepared for it to happen a week later as that has happened quite a lot.

Anyway good luck.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

andijames is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I completely agree with you wheelie on this one. My old LLU line was supposed to be cancelled 7th Sept but the work was eventually carried out on the 11th! I hope this is a trend that will not continue with re-providing the line

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I agree but as long as BT as struggling to do all the work needed as I gather there is a backlog with them all anyone can do is hope for the beat but expect the worst.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here