Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Compensation?

This is a discussion on Compensation? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well, the latest in the Sky conection saga is thus: Contacted BT this morning after now passing 1 week without ...

Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Compensation?

Well, the latest in the Sky conection saga is thus:
      Contacted BT this morning after now passing 1 week without activation since my activation date.

BT Wholesale say that I have had the following two orders on my line

1. A cease order, palced in August. This was completed on Tuesday - and thus I have had no internet access via DSL for 4 days.
      2. The 2nd order os for LLU Line Share, whcih according to BT, doe not include a 'provide' for DSL. According to Ofcom, this means splitting the snignal so that BT provide the Telephony, and Sky can provide the DSL/Data - split at the exchange.

What worries me is that they said this was only placed on the 8th of September, a whole day after my provision date!.

Sky have insisted all along that it's BTs fault, that BT are dragging their feet, etc - but this appears to be Sky mesing up.

Sky later claimed they have no record of any order going through on the 8th, everything was put through to BT on the 28th of August.

I've requested to speak to a manager, so I am hopeful of a callback soon.

What a mess!!

What do others here suggest?

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Unregistered

Please register as it very hard to follow the progress of Unregistered posters thanks

You say a cease order was placed in August did they say who placed it as it doesn't sound like sky did it if they only placed your LLU order on the 8th.

I had the same sort of thing with my order it should have been activate on the 31st Aug but the order itself wasn't place with BT until the 31st with an activation date for the 7th Sept and a cease place for the 12th Sept.

I hope you get a callback and you can get to the bottom of this good luck.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

dingdong is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      i think without any doubt sky are totally bogged down at the moment with both orders, support etc etc and that anything they may say or promise may not happen. they will sort themselves out eventually no doubt, but in the meantime i think we should expect the worst and just be happy if it doesn't happen.

i was promised an email about something that never was sent and this forum is full of incidence of broken promises. it is a shame they didn't spend a bit more of their budget on support and less on advertising the service as word gets around very quickly anyway, and i doubt no one that doesn't have broadband knows sky have an offering.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yep thats a fair comment
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here