Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Connection issues: please help

This is a discussion on Connection issues: please help within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Mognuts is the easiest, just click the link in post 7 above. About half way down the settings you will ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Connection issues: please help

Mognuts is the easiest, just click the link in post 7 above. About half way down the settings you will see a drop down box for the Mode. To make your selection, select 'G.DMT' and click the 'Select' button. That's all there is to it. You will be asked if you really want to change, click 'OK' and the router will re-sync to the new mode.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      Readie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Luton
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Connection issues: (resolved hopefully!)

Aswell as constant disconnections, i realised i could only connect wireless and not by cable. after a process of elimination turns out my router is knackered.
      Called sky, after alot waiting and stupid questions finally got to speak to tier 3. A new router is winging its way to me know. Hopefully this will solve my disconnection problems too as i've been using an old linksys router until the new one turns up and guess what, no disconnections at all so far!
      The tier 3 guy said he could see over a 1000 disconnections on my line!
      As we all probably know, the sky router is not the best bit of kit in the world. Lets hope the new model is better!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12