Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

In a REALLY bad mood now

This is a discussion on In a REALLY bad mood now within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi, i posted yesterday about moving house....as a result of the answer given, i contacted sky again, asked them what ...

rosielee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

In a REALLY bad mood now

hi,

i posted yesterday about moving house....as a result of the answer given, i contacted sky again, asked them what was being done on the account, they confirmed again everything would be fine to plug in the box and connect. i then advised them what i had been advised here, they ummed and arred a bit and then finally realised that they have actually advised me incorrectly all 4 times i have called! i was transferred to the home moving team, who then advised me the broadband at the old address had not even been shut down, even though the bt line is deactivated and that will take 10-14 days to do, once this is done i then need to call them again to get it set up at the new address which will take another 10-14 days. I have names, dates and times and details of every call i have made to them and what was said. They have advised that there are no other way round this and the only way to make a complaint is to email them through the 'my sky' page.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what can be done to speed this up? Is this really the only way to do this, when it is THEIR error.

And finally, after my rant, i want to say a huge thankyou for the help i get here, when i first installed sky 6 months ago, it was you guys that helped me set it up. The sky tech ppl had no clue. and once again, it is you guys that have informed me of the problem today.

i think im going to go mad.

rosielee

2. Advertisement
      TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: In a REALLY bad mood now

Unfortunately not, all I can recommend is ringing every few days to check the progress - sometimes if the BT lines already been disconnected, the cancellation part of things may only take a few days.
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3