Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Slow/Not working internet and email

This is a discussion on Slow/Not working internet and email within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I have started to get a problem with my Sky Broadband over the last two days. My connection is ...

MatthewNorwich is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01603
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Slow/Not working internet and email

Hi

I have started to get a problem with my Sky Broadband over the last two days.

My connection is really slow/not working on some websites... google will not load at all, nor my emails download

However other sites Lloyds Bank, Egg all seem the normal fast speed

I spent well over an hour on the phone to sky yesterday using two computers to prove the problem was either on nirther or both computers, demolished most of my house as I moved their router to the master socket.

I also completely scanned my computer for viruses and trojans and things to no avail

still same service. I had no problems at all until Tuesday when this all started

what could this be? Sky seem about a willing to help as a housebrick

Cheers

Matthew

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Slow/Not working internet and email

The fact that some sites load OK probably means it is a fault with your PCs. Have you received any updates for Windows? It could be that a bad update has broken your system. Try using TCPOptimiser to make sure your PC is set up properly.

If this does not help, try using System Restore to go back to a point before the problem occurred.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.