Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

moving house advice

This is a discussion on moving house advice within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hello, i have recently moved house on the 3 nov.i have moved to a property that is with aol broadband ...

rosielee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

moving house advice

hello,

i have recently moved house on the 3 nov.i have moved to a property that is with aol broadband in a contract with the other tenants until 9 nov. sky have advised me that as i have been with them less than 12 months, i have to take the package with me. sky advised me (after 4 phonecalls!!!) that they would close the account at the old address on the 3 nov and all i need to do is phone them on the 9 nov and they will upgrade the package(broadband, tv and phone) and i will be able to plug the router in and connect straight away. they have confirmed this twice. but i read in another thread that it may take 10 working days....

does anyone know how this works? i really do not want to be offline as it will be messing it up for the other tenants. is it really so simple as to plug in and have it working on the 9th?

many thanks,
      rosielee

2. Advertisement
      TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: moving house advice

Unfortunatly, not that easy - get a mac code from AOL on the 9th, phone Sky and get them to set the broadband up using the mac code, will take a minimum of 8 days.
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3