Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Activation date

This is a discussion on Activation date within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi all. am new here but its nice to know theres support for sky BB users out there. I have ...

smith2001 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01760
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Activation date

hi all. am new here but its nice to know theres support for sky BB users out there.

I have got the router the netgear one thats branded as a sky one. and i have got my letter and password saying my activation date is the 12 nov. however i am a little confused as when i put my number into the order tracker on the dslzone website it reports i have got my line activated and there are no open orders on the bt system.

"ADSL is activated on this line and there are no open orders on the BT system. (Migrations excluded)"

however when i plug my router into the wall socket the little 'I' doesn't go on green its blank, so i assume the website is wrong and i have just gotta wait for the light to work?

i would also like to point out when i put my number in before i ordered sky it said something along the lines on there is no ADSL active on this line. so i know something has changed.

thanks all
      Last edited by smith2001; 07-11-07 at 03:23 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Phunky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01274
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Activation date

Im waiting to migrate to Sky from Be* my cut off date with Be* was yesterday (6th) and the check on DSLZone says that there is "no ADSL active on the line" which i guess is true.

Sky says i will be active on the 9th :/ bloody 2 day wait!

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smith2001 View Post
      hi all. am new here but its nice to know theres support for sky BB users out there.

I have got the router the netgear one thats branded as a sky one. and i have got my letter and password saying my activation date is the 12 nov. however i am a little confused as when i put my number into the order tracker on the dslzone website it reports i have got my line activated and there are no open orders on the bt system.

"ADSL is activated on this line and there are no open orders on the BT system. (Migrations excluded)"

however when i plug my router into the wall socket the little 'I' doesn't go on green its blank, so i assume the website is wrong and i have just gotta wait for the light to work?

i would also like to point out when i put my number in before i ordered sky it said something along the lines on there is no ADSL active on this line. so i know something has changed.

thanks all
      Odds are that all is ready to go and you are just waiting on the activation date now, sometimes they activate a couple of days early, sometimes they are late. Check again over the weekend or just leave the router plugged in and keep an eye on the Internet light (looks like an upside down question mark on the white router)

smith2001 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01760
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

i will keep it on constantly and wait for the light to come on, however it states not to turn the thing on at all till your activation date? is it just sky trying to scare users?

also, i had a look at the settings in the router, i cannot find the username and password anywhere so that it logs on automatically. there doesn't seem to be an option for it. where do i find this out?

thanks