Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Migration costs

This is a discussion on Migration costs within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Do you have to pay the activation charge if you are migrating from another ISP to the connect package? A ...

jun10r is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Fleetwood
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Migration costs

Do you have to pay the activation charge if you are migrating from another ISP to the connect package? A colleague phoned sky and they said you have to pay. When I previously migrated between ISPís it was free and was only tied in to a two week contract. I was under the impression that the purpose of the MAC process was to make it easy to migrate and therefore keep the costs to a minimum for ISPís. I donít understand why someone who is migrating from another ISP should pay the same as someone who is a new provide, the effort required from BT is obviously less for a migration.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site jun10r

As far as I know yes £40 though I have no idea why sorry.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here