Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

connection speed max?

This is a discussion on connection speed max? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I would recommend getting diffrent stats from (probobly the same data tier 3 use), see what that says you ...

madcat is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV:

Re: connection speed max?

I would recommend getting diffrent stats from (probobly the same data tier 3 use), see what that says you might be unlucky in which case there is nothing sky can do unfortunately

If it does say your 1.6km or so from exchange recommend phoning up again and see if you can get put to adsl2+, worth a shot aint it .

as for sky starting everyone off on gdmt, well i am unable to comment i just believe sky as would any isp want you to have the most stable connection (note the word stable) which is not neccessarily the fastest.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV

tier 3's checker is from BT data - and seeing as it's their line i'd like to think its accurate (but not all the time mind)

with regards to Scoop, what's your current att. level?

EDIT: found it in another post and its low enough in your case so i'd say the checker is wrong in this instance!! this is why i tend to go by live line stats but refer to the checker if line is down...
      Last edited by IWasNotTheEnemy; 03-11-07 at 01:24 AM.

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

scoop is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEBDT
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: DGND3700 V2
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Above an off Licence!!

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      Sky have a checker which is total line length so chances are they were right - in which case you're very unlucky!!!

i didn't mean to sound rude either, just took offence to what you said as if we deliberately muck up lines!!
      Never meant to cause any offence sorry if you thought that Ian I have since talked to tier 3 again and the guy said it would be almost impossible to be 7km from my exchange and to be getting a service. He tested it again and agreed with me that it was much sorter distance than the previous person had said. therefore bumped me up without any problems, like I said before sorry if you thought i was causing offence. Oh and my att. level now is 30.5 snr 8. Oh and funny thing is if your still reading this post I "Tweaked" my snr just to test and to try and get a faster speed which it did and It is giving me less crc errors and lof los drop outs. Currently sits at 2.8 and is rock solid!! Ive checked my stats and they give less crc than I was getting with the higher snr. Its wierd i know but is rock solid on adsl2+

Last edited by scoop; 24-11-07 at 09:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12