Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Obtained Sky broadband, lost Sky HD!!

This is a discussion on Obtained Sky broadband, lost Sky HD!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I ordered Broadband on the 18th October and went live yesterday with no problems whatsoever. However, on the day I ...

Chris_H is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01273
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Angry Obtained Sky broadband, lost Sky HD!!

I ordered Broadband on the 18th October and went live yesterday with no problems whatsoever. However, on the day I ordered the BB, Sky deactivated my HD subscription without any request from me. I ordered the BB online as well.

I couldn't be bothered to go through the pain of calling them so I emailed them via their website. They (eventually) replied and apologised and offered me 10 credit as compensation and said it would be reinstated ASAP. That was at 8pm on the 27th. How long does it take to switch it back on?????

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Obtained Sky broadband, lost Sky HD!!

I can't answer regarding how long it will take to switch you back on but when I have added or taken channels out of my package it is usually done within a few minutes.

The only way you will know for sure is to call them, try using a non 0870 number if you can as it will save you a few quid as well. There used to be an 01506 number that worked but I can't find it so you will have to search that saynoto0870 website if you want to use it.

Chris_H is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01273
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      I can't answer regarding how long it will take to switch you back on but when I have added or taken channels out of my package it is usually done within a few minutes.

The only way you will know for sure is to call them, try using a non 0870 number if you can as it will save you a few quid as well. There used to be an 01506 number that worked but I can't find it so you will have to search that saynoto0870 website if you want to use it.
      Calling them is such a pain in the a*se. It's pot luck whether or not you get someone helpful/competent and it usually ends up with me being more pi55ed off than putting up with not having the service. They've credited me until the end of this billing period (as well as the 10 good will credit) so I'll wait until then (this Friday) to see what happens. It was the credit on the My Sky site which originally alerted me to the fact that they'd deactivated the service.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I agree that calling them is a pain but whenever I have contacted the TV side of Sky I have usually been able to get through within a reasonable timescale. The broadband side of things is a different matter altogether.