Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BB Max cancelled by Sky

This is a discussion on BB Max cancelled by Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Where do I start! I have a neighbour who wanted Sky but did not have a telephone line. I thought, ...

time2upgrade is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Broadband
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Angry BB Max cancelled by Sky

Where do I start!

I have a neighbour who wanted Sky but did not have a telephone line. I thought, well we are in flats, I have seen ads for Sky for people in flats, so I'll call Sky and ask if we can share my dish.

So I call Sky and was told yes. Set up a multiroom subscription, and the engineer will sort out the telephone line when he gets there.

Engineer turns up, says no it can't be done. Sales should never have told me it could be done, and that they were unable to proceed with the order. They will refund all monies paid and cancel the order. He also told me that if the installation had gone ahead and Sky had found out I could have been done for defrauding Sky. Shocked was not the word, but I said ok thank you for telling me all this.

So on Tue when I booted up the laptop and discovered that I could not get onto the internet, I called Sky and after an hour and a half of too-ing and fro-ing, being passed from one dept to the next and being hung up on twice, it finally transpires that my account had been cancelled. They don't know why. There was no request and no notes on the system.

After explaining the above experience with them, they said well that is prob what happened. They cancelled your BB when they cancelled the multiroom order. Anyway, to cut a long story short they said it would take up to 11 days to come back on and apologised for the "inconvenience"

Obviously I wanted some compensation for the hassle caused, and I was annoyed that they did not even have the decency to offer anything. So I asked. Even though it was clearly their own fault - even down to almost setting me up to defraud their own company, the best they could come up with a 10 credit to my account, and said that I will have been without BB for about a month so they will not charge me!!!

Needless to say I am not happy with this whatsoever. I sometimes work from home and told this to the woman on the phone. Her reply was that I should not be using Sky BB to run a business from home and they can withdraw the service if they find out that is what I am doing. I wanted to wring her bloomin neck at this point. I said to her "When did I tell you I was running a business from home??? I work for xxxxxx Council so I am hardly running a business from home amd I!!!" She still sang the party line about withdrawing service, so I demanded a manager. She never got one. She put me on hold and came back with the derisory 10 credit offer.

What can I do, because this is just beyond poor service in my opinion, and I am scared to get back on the phone to them again becasue I know I will lose it BIG TIME

What is fair compensation in yout opinion? I thought at least 3 month 1/2 price on my service for starters. I have been a customer of theirs for over 10 years!

2. Advertisement
      TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: BB Max cancelled by Sky

You'd need to write to complaints to get anything decent, unfortunately this is a recognised problem - when 'Cancel Visit' is run this creates a cease for the broadband - I know its no consolation, but just be glad you're not one of the people whos had this happen to them, only to be told 'Unfortunately, only Connect at 17/month is available'

Just to add, its not a case of human error. The system believes that when they run cancel visit on a TV visit, the whole TV must be cancelled, which in turn means the broadband gets cancelled by the system as it thinks you have no TV

Also, any mention of work/business use will not be looked on sympathetically, purely because its a cheap-as-chips consumer broadband service...

Has the new order definitely been placed?
      Last edited by TSx; 25-10-07 at 04:54 PM.
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hey!

Thanks for the reply. Yes they placed the new order on Tuesday night, after wrestling with them on the phone for so long.

I received two text messages from them yesterday to say:

1) Thank you for your order, your router is on it's way.
      2) Congrats your BB is now live

It is isn't.
      Last edited by time2upgrade; 25-10-07 at 05:32 PM.

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by time2upgrade View Post
      Hey!

Thanks for the reply. Yes the placed the new order on Tuesday night, after wrestling with them on the phone for so long.

I received two text messages from them yesterday to say:

1) Thank you for your order, your router is on it's way.
      2) Congrats your BB is now live

It is isn't.
      The second message is sent when the line is ceased - its a complete CEASE order that triggers it... the first one shouldn't have been sent as you already have a router.

I personally would suggest - and please, try not to have a go at the people on the end of the phone, they can't change it and aren't responsible for it - that you ring Sky Provisioning on 08705 515 515 options 1, 1, 3 and ask for the activation date of your new order. That department doesn't have the ability to do credits so theres no point asking but at least you'll have the switch-back-on date...
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for that. I will try them now and see what they have to say

Exchange:
      Thanks

2nd of flipping November!!

I want to know why it takes so flipping long. Surely it doesn't take that long to flick a couple of switches and press a couple of buttons.

I remember on Tue eve I was told that someone would have driven to the exchange and physically disconnected me. I don't believe that for a minute

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by time2upgrade View Post
      2nd of flipping November!!

I want to know why it takes so flipping long. Surely it doesn't take that long to flick a couple of switches and press a couple of buttons.

I remember on Tue eve I was told that someone would have driven to the exchange and physically disconnected me. I don't believe that for a minute
      Its true... an engineer has physically disconnected you, now one needs to physically (re)connect you...

Exchange:
      Thanks

Strewth!!!! In this day and age!!!

Thanks for answering all my posts btw :-D

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

As a side issue, I'd always thought that using Sky BB to work at home, away from the office, would be considered domestic use. In rather the same way that car insurance for social, domestic and pleasure use includes commuting to and from a permanent place of business.

But if I were running a business from home and using my car, say, to visit customers, I'd have to pay the additional insurance premium to cover what would be considered business use rather than domestic use. Likewise, I would have thought in those circumstances, I would not be eligible for Sky's broadband service.

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes but unfortunately a lot of people see it as a get out clause - it would be more accurate to say there is no service level agreement, or that the service availability can't be guaranteed, but a lot of people tend to wrap it up in a 'No to business/professional use' statement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 25-10-07, 04:25 PM