Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Blank Page after setting up Sky BB

This is a discussion on Blank Page after setting up Sky BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; A friend of mine has just installed Sky BB .She went through the setup procedure via the CD from Sky.Everything ...

jaytee1943 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01495
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Blank Page after setting up Sky BB

A friend of mine has just installed Sky BB.She went through the setup procedure via the CD from Sky.Everything went as expected with no hiccups.When she then double clicks on the IE icon all that happens is an extremely rapid blank screen and then back to the desktop.Is there anything that must be done after the initial setup.
      Any help appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Blank Page after setting up Sky BB

A bite late now but she doesn't need to install anything from the CD, all she needs to do is to plug her router in and attach the cables and away you go. Try to remove anything that has been installed off the CD.

jaytee1943 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01495
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thank you Alan B.
      Apparantly my friend has been in touch with Sky and they talked through options.She has un-installed every thing from Sky and tried again but the same problem!.Sky suggested that there was something wrong with her PC.Having clicked IE ICON IS THERE A WAY SHE CAN CHECK TO SEE IF THE INTERNET CONNECTION IS MADE?.Sorry to be so vague but I am remote from the problem and conducting the iagnosis by telephone.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

What lights are showing on her router, if a there is a solid green light next to the Sky logo then she has an internet connection, if it is not green then she has no connection.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If IE is just flashing up then disappearing then there is something amiss with the PC. If she installed IE7 from the CD, I would advise her to uninstall it and see if she can connect with IE6. She should find it in the Add/Remove list in the Control Panel. I would advise her to install Firefox2, but this is difficult without an internet connection.

If she still can't connect I would advise running the System File Checker. To do this tell her the following
      • From the Start menu, select Run.
      • In the Open field, type sfc /scannow (Note: There is a space between sfc and /scannow)
      • Select the OK button.
      • Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.
      • Reboot the computer when System File Checker completes.
      She will need the installation disk if any files are missing or corrupt, so she should have it ready.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.