Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Help it's driving me mad

This is a discussion on Help it's driving me mad within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Setup Email Clients now, thats from normal Google Mail so change the mail servers to pop.tools.sky.com and smtp.tools.sky.com when it ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Help it's driving me mad

Setup Email Clients

now, thats from normal Google Mail so change the mail servers to pop.tools.sky.com and smtp.tools.sky.com when it mentions googlemail.com and change to @sky.com instead of @googlemail.com but you get the idea...

EDIT: How to Setup POP in Google Mail

^ there's how to turn it on from within the portal, which must be done to allow it to work with a client
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      blisteringblue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horwich
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

A long time ago I moved away from ISP e-mail, I bought a forwarding service with bigfoot.com (they do a free one but for a fiver a quarter you get unlimited service) and I also signed up to an anti spam/anti virus pop3 e-mail account with Vanquish (Anti Spam Email Security Service by Vanquish Labs), ok this cost me 38 for 2 years but has been well worth it.

So now my e-mail address will always be @bigfoot.com whatever ISP I am with and I get no spam / phishing etc etc as the VQME service is a response e-mail system, in that all mail is held until either I or the sender confirm their identity (ie the e-mail address must exist), you end up checking the queue for a couple of weeks but then it just looks after itself. Once sender/domain confirmed they are always confirmed.

When I moved to Sky I just setup the Sky Google Mail to forward direct to my vqme account, so I will never log into it again but I still get any mail, although there will only ever be mail from sky as I won't be giving it out.

The sky e-mail wasn't the best system I'd ever seen mind you.
      Last edited by blisteringblue; 19-10-07 at 10:33 AM.
      Post Sky DLM and after some cowboy contracters and BT ruined my line quality (was 6mb pre DLM):

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I have just logged in OK, as I do every couple of days to get my mail out of the Junk folder. When are they going to fix it

BB's sig
      Or a healthier 7034 kbps if you believe BBMax
      I think you should Bb, Speedtestnet is very heavily used, over 210mil at the last check against 2.5 mil for BBMax. The lightest used server will always give the best result.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

frungle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Moortown - Leeds
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm having the same problems. Everything has been working fine until I switched on yesterday morning. Emails are coming in OK but when I try and send I get the error message "550 relay not permitted". It's as if outlook cant see skys SMTP server. I tried changing my account settings to the new ones (pop.tools.sky.com etc) but this stopped everything from working! I called sky (yesterday) and the chap said the upgrade to google is causing tons of problems but said service would be back up in an hour or so. Well 30 hours later I still cant send, only receive). To the best of my knowledge my email account hasnt been upgraded yet.
      Am I being thick or is this a nationwide problem?

blisteringblue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horwich
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I have just logged in OK, as I do every couple of days to get my mail out of the Junk folder. When are they going to fix it

BB's sig

I think you should Bb, Speedtestnet is very heavily used, over 210mil at the last check against 2.5 mil for BBMax. The lightest used server will always give the best result.
      LOL, I do believe it, when you can download a full episode of Heroes in around 6mins I know my speed is OK
      Post Sky DLM and after some cowboy contracters and BT ruined my line quality (was 6mb pre DLM):

kazap is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01506
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Smile Re: Help it's driving me mad

Thanks for all your help guys turns out the problem was my browser does not like mozilla now using internet explorer with yazoo toolbar seems to be ok with that, I can use that to get my sky e-mail and mozilla for everything else, have been using it for years and don't fancy trying to navigate something new just now. So here's to what I hope will be 12 months of happy surfing and mailing!!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Try Firefox2, it works fine for me

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

oh, btw - there is a bug currently with the google email and firefox.....supposedly it dont work!!

might be fixed now but don't know. it should work with IE tho...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      oh, btw - there is a bug currently with the google email and firefox.....supposedly it dont work!!
      No idea who told you that there is a bug as it has been working for me for ages.

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I really can't account for that. It definitely hasn't worked for me for the last few days using Firefox 2.0.0.7, but seems OK when using IE7.

Are you using an earlier version of Firefox?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast